sixteen

~ Said, you just don't know how beautiful you are
And baby that's my favorite part
You walk around so clueless to it all
Like nobody gonna break your heart~

yellow rose

This is beyond boring. I'm currently sitting in the dining room and having a conversation with the man that my mother hired to play the piano. He was at least 70 and it was the most interesting conversation I had all night.

Everyone asked the same boring questions at all these events: "how old are you now", "how is Hogwarts treating you", "any boys you have your eyes on?" and at this point, I'm about to start making up stories. I am going to go insane before the night is over if someone doesn't save me. My mother on the other hand, was having a grand time.

She was talking to random rich people that I have never seen in my entire life but she claims are my distant cousins. I honestly had never heard of these people and didn't plan on getting to know any of them either.

So, I excuse myself from the piano player and head up to my bedroom. My feet are killing me and I need to get these shoes off as soon as possible. As soon as I open my bedroom door, I squat down and undo my shoes, stepping out of them, and leaving then right in front of my door.

I walk quickly to my bed and drop onto my back, letting out a deep breath. I finally feel like I can relax. I let my eyes close and and allow my body to relax into my comforter.

"Hey," a deep voice makes me jump and I sit up quickly to see the cute boy from earlier leaning against the doorframe. His face could barely be made out because of the backlighting and I could only really see his silhouette.

"Hi," I comment back and lean my body weight back onto my hands, flipping my ponytail over my shoulder.

"It's Eva right? I know you probably don't remember me. I haven't been to one of these things since I started school at Ilvermorny," He says and pushes off the door frame towards my bed. His American accent is thick but it flows off his tongue easily.

"May I?" He asks, motioning to the bed beside me and I nod. He sits and I take the moment of silence to observe his face. He really is cute. His wavy almost curly hair has fallen in his eyes and pushes it out of his face, occasionally.

"I'm Mason," He speaks up again and I smile, falling back onto my back in the bed like I was before. I focus back on the ceiling and let out a content sigh before speaking.

"Hi Mason and you're completely right,"
I let out a short chuckle before continuing, "I only vaguely recognize you and your family. Your surname is King, correct?" I question, looking over at him and he is already looking at me.

"Yes, that would be correct. I haven't seen you in a while," He says, never taking his eyes off mine, "Although I will say, you have always been beautiful," His accent is extremely American and I laugh at his comment, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Well, you haven't seen me since I was 9 so..." I laugh again and he laughs with me, nodding his head.

"Well I guess you can say I've always had a crush then," he says and I laugh again, turning onto my side and he laughs too, falling onto his back beside me. The dim light from the open door is casting onto his green eyes, making them even more piercing.

"I hate these kind of things, you know?" I breathe out when we finally stop laughing. I look over at him once again. He is truly enthralling if I'm going to be completely honest.

His hand comes up and he runs it through his hair, pushing it over his face and I notice a few rings on his hand. I grab his wrist quickly and observe a few of the rings.