one

~I've been thinking 'bout you
Yeah, I been missing you
Where the hell are you, oh, when I need you?
I could still hear your voice
I ain't got no choice, 'cause I'm here all alone
I know I can't wait 'til you get home~

draco

"Move, Malfoy!" I chuckle and shove him away from me. He laughs as well and grabs me again. He just insists on annoying me because he claims it is "funny" but the entire time, I'm trying not to give him third degree burns.

"Shut up, you know you love me," he says and throws his arm over my shoulders, guiding me towards a building full of dust and what seems like some rather old artifacts. Well, that is all I can see from the dingy window. He glances behind us and pushes me into the door. I don't object and instead walk further into the building, glancing around the entire room.

It is filled with old magical things that I have read about but also some that I have never seen. There are open books on stands and that is what draws my attention first. Malfoy heads straight to the fire place where there are different items sitting on the mantle.

"What is this place?" I question and run my fingertips over an old book, leaving a trail of clean lines in the dust. He walks up beside me and reaches out to place his hand on the book but is quickly stopped when an all too familiar snake hits the top of his hand.

"Don't touch, Draco," his father's voice sounds from behind us and I turn quickly. Lucius' eyes looked degrading as ever as he looks down at me. I clear my throat and turn to walk out of the shop before I could get dragged into a conversation with him.

"Come on," I say quietly and grab Malfoy's wrist but Lucius places his hand on top of mine, glaring at me once more. I feel my face heat up under the pressure of his eyes and I'm forced to look away. He removes his hand and places them both on the snake head of his cane.

"Draco is staying with me. Run along now. The women are outside I'm sure," He says and looks me up and down once more. I nod quickly and drop Draco's wrist, rushing out of the door. I turn as soon as I reach the outside and read the sign hanging from the roof.

Borgin and Burke's. Interesting. What could they be doing here? I'll have to remember that so I can talk to Hermoine later.

"Eva!" I hear a voice and turn quickly to see Hermoine and Ron running up to me. Speak of the devil. A smile overtakes my face and I run towards them, embracing tightly as soon as I reach them.

"I thought you guys were coming into town tomorrow!" I practically shout, pulling them even tighter. In one of Hermoine's letters she had explained that she and Ron had planned to come to the shops tomorrow and pick up supplies. I tried to convince my mother to allow me to come tomorrow but I am sure you can imagine how that went.

"There was a change of plans!" Hermoine replies and we pull away from each other. "By change of plans, she means that the Dursley's are insane. I cannot fathom as to why Dumbledore took Harry to them," Ron adds on and my smile drops at the mention of Harry's name.

I had been writing him all summer and I haven't received a single letter back from him. Hermoine, Ron, Dylan, Trixie, and even Chelsi have been able to respond just fine so I know that it wasn't my letters getting lost or not received. Honestly, it seems like he is ignoring me. Even now they are taking about Harry and he is no where to be seen, almost like he is avoiding me.

"So, what is going on with him then? I have yet to hear from him this entire summer," I question and Hermoine gives me an empathetic smile.

"Eva, dear. We need to head to Flourish and Blotts. Oh! Who is this?" My mother speaks from beside me and finally looks up from her clutch when she realizes I'm not standing alone. I open my mouth to speak but she starts talking again before I can say a single word.