two

~Girlfriend or girl, that's a friend?, It's easy just to pretend
That we don't have something real, It's just how we feel
We feel
Oh, it's just how we feel
How we feel~

pavo

"So who exactly is Dobby then? Where did he come from?" I question and put a piece of chocolate into mouth. Hermoine has been trying to catch me up on the train to Hogwarts about what has been happening.

We lost Ron and Harry after we passed through to platform 9¾. We figured they couldn't find us or just didn't care to look that hard so we didn't really have a problem with it being just the two of us. Besides, how much girl time are we actually going to be able to have at Hogwarts? It's nice to be able to spend some time together, just the two of us.

"He wouldn't tell Harry who his family is. The whole situation is so strange, don't you think? I mean what families with house elves do we know that would want to help Harry?" she continues and I nod in agreement. She is right. I'm not sure who sent Dobby to Harry to warn him or whatever the goal was, but they may need their elf to take some lessons on what is helping and what isn't helping.

"I can't quite put my finger on it but I recognize the name Dobby every time you say it. It's like I know exactly who he belongs to but I can't exactly put my finger on it. You know what I mean?" I question and Hermoine looks at me a bit confused but nods anyways. I look out the window and focus on the trees flying past us. Why do I recognize the name so much?

I dismiss the thought quickly though because the amount of rich people that I'm forced to interact with every time I am in my mother's presence.

"Where do you think Harry and Ron are?" I ask quietly, still looking out the window. I can't see Hermoine but I know that she shrugged at me instead of replying. I let out a sigh and look at her once more. She is looking down at a book and absentmindedly stroking Mouse in her lap.

"I'm gonna go try to find Dylan or Trix," I state quietly and stand, sliding out of the train cart. I pull my skirt down a little further on my thighs. My body hasn't changed much over summer, but it has changed enough for me to notice a slight difference in the way my clothes fit. My legs are definitely longer and I have to wear a bra now. It's no big deal but it makes me feel differently about myself, sometimes better because I feel like I'm not shaped like a prepubescent boy anymore.

Instead of going straight towards the Hufflepuff cart to find Dylan and Trixie, I make a stop at one of the train washrooms and push my way in. As soon as I push the door open I notice somebody at the sink and immediately cover my eyes, not taking any time trying to process who this person is.

"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. Oh my gosh," I stutter out with my hands over my eyes. I feel my cheeks hot as ever and feel the heat rising to my neck. It would be me to do something like this. I hear a soft chuckle and immediately recognize the voice.

"Diggory?" I ask quietly, in case it isn't him, I could just pretend like I said something else. It would save me from further embarrassment.

"The one and only," Cedric's thick accent fills my ears and I let out a relieved breath. I feel his fingers wrap around my wrists and slowly pull my hands from my eyes. I laugh lightly to try to make it less awkward for me.

"S-sorry," I stutter again and look down at my feet instead of into his eyes. He chuckles again, a very Cedric laugh, and I glance up at him. I feel myself blush even more and internally slap myself for allowing everything to effect me like this.

"Stop apologizing, Eva. It's okay. It's just me. Do you need to get in here?" He finishes his sentence with a question and I nod, still not looking at him. I see his feet shuffle to the side, allowing me into the small room and he steps out. I turn to face him and he opens his mouth to speak but before I can manage to embarrass myself anymore, I slam the door in his face and lock it immediately.