five

~ I can tell that we are gonna be friends
Walk with me, Suzy Lee
Through the park and by the tree
We will rest upon the ground~

apologize?

Sitting at the Hufflepuff table, I was receiving a lot more stares than I would ever have hoped for. Dylan nudges me under the table when she notices that I am playing with my food instead of eating it. I blink and turn my attention to the boy in front of us, who I haven't paid any attention since we sat down.

"So Cedric," Dylan starts, "is there anything that we absolutely should know? You know Hufflepuff to Hufflepuff...to Hufflepuff," She turns towards me at the last part, making me chuckle under my breath. I zone out again and catch myself looking over to the Gryffindor table, making eye contact with Harry.

'Hi,' I mouth to him resting my fork on the table.

'Hi,' he mouth back which catches Hermoine's attention and she turns around to see who he is talking to. However, her face drops almost as soon as she sees me and I furrow my eyebrows. But she wasn't frowning at me.

"Evangelina," I hear Malfoy and decide to just pretend I don't hear him, until I feel something hit me in the back. I look on the floor to see a half eaten apple sitting on the floor. I bend down and pick it up. I turn around to throw it at the blonde boy but my vision is obstructed by a large figure and I look up to see Dumbledore.

He places a hand on my shoulder and says kindly, "Come with me please, Ms. Hufflepuff," I stand up immediately and start to follow Dumbledore. I turn for a quick moment and see Malfoy looking at me so I take this opportunity to throw the apple, just beside his head.

The apple hit directly next to Malfoy's head with enough force that it completely fell apart as soon as it smashed into the wall. I turn back around and see Dumbledore continues walking not even looking back. I flip my braid over my shoulder and continue walking. Once we are in the hall, Dumbledore slows down and turns his head towards me.

"I thought that when I kept you from throwing the apple the first time, you would have let it be," He chuckles lightly and I give a shy smile as my cheeks heat up.

"Am I in trouble?" I ask as I step onto the stair case as it slowly starts to rise to what I assume is Dumbledore's office.

"Oh no, no, not at all. I just don't believe we have gotten a chance to talk to each other," he says as he steps out of his staircase and towards his huge office. I step off a little slower, taking in the entire office. It was huge.

"What is this?" I ask walking up to what looked like a bird but among further investigation I realize exactly what it is. Before he can answer i start talking again, "What a minute! Is this a-"

"Phoenix. Yes Ms. Hufflepuff," He says as he sits at his desk, opening his hand and signaling for me to sit across from him. I sit down, without pulling my eyes away from the bird. It was truly amazing. I only looked away when Dumbledore spoke once more.

"How are you enjoying the school so far? Making friends?" He asks, sounding like a father or family member.

"Yes. Actually I would like to ask you about a friend of mine," I start, glancing at the bird again then back at the wizard in front of me.

"Not young Malfoy is it?" He asks, leaning forward and pushing to stand behind his desk. I can't help the disgusted face that makes its way onto my face along with the involuntary recoil at the mention of Draco Malfoy.

"Oh absolutely not. All due respect sir, Draco Malfoy takes up no space in my brain," I insist but it was a lie. He takes up a lot of space in my brain. He really knows exactly how to hurt me although we have barely met and do not know each other in the slightest.