twenty-two

When the bones are good, the rest don't matter
Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter
Let it rain 'cause you and I remain the same
When there ain't a crack in the foundation
Baby, I know any storm we're facing
Will blow right over while we stay put
The house don't fall when the bones are good

i'll fix this

"They did what?! I will kill them. With my bare hands if I must," Chlesi practically screams and stands abruptly so I stand as well, placing my hands on her shoulders. This isn't going to go well if I can't get her to cool down.

"Calm down, Chels. It's okay. It really was just a mis-"

"Don't you dare say it was a misunderstanding, Evangelina. I hope you know that I'm going for King's head first," Chelsi pushes my hands off her shoulders and I sigh, sitting back down beside Hermoine. She turns her back to me and runs her hand through her long red hair.

"Please Chelsi. I just- I don't know- I just don't want to bring more attention to myself. It wasn't that big of a deal. Please tell her Dylan," I whine and look over at Dylan. She looks at me and shrugs. Chelsi looks at Dylan as well as if daring her to disagree.

"I'm with Chelsi on this one. I'll kill them all. Nobody messes with my baby," She states with another shrug like it is no big deal. These girls are absolutely insane but I wouldn't trade them for the world. I turn my attention to Hermoine beside me who was writing down something for class tomorrow.

"Hermoine? You're logical. Please tell them not to kill anybody," I grab Hermoine hand and she looks between the four of us. She doesn't say anything but instead stands.

"You are not going to put me in this position, Eva. I don't necessarily condone violence and especially murder... but something should be done. They're going to do it again unless someone does something to make them not want to. They should be punished although I do agree that murder probably would not be the best option," Hermoine walks over to Trixie who was sitting at the table, copying her homework. She picks up the paper and comes back to sit beside me on the couch.

"Hey! I wasn't done yet!" Trixie complains and then turns to me, "But you really should at least tell somebody. I also think that there needs to be consequences," Trixie says and I pull my feet up and hug my knees close to my chest, resting my chin on my knees.

I've been debating for three days whether or not to go to Dumbledore or Snape with this issue. I don't want it to get out and then I would have even more attention on myself. I didn't even want to tell the group but I feel lime I just needed to rant so they kind of got the run down of what happened. I just felt like I had to tell somebody and who better than these girls in front of me?

So I invited them all to have a get together after our last classes and just talk about the past few days. Hermoine said she wanted to talk to me about what happened during detention anyways but we haven't had a moment alone.

"I just don't want to be even more of a nuisance than I already am," I murmur quietly and Hermoine turns to look at me quickly.

"Nuisance? Nothing about this is a nuisance. We love you and we believe that these boys need to pay for how they treated you," She says and places a hand on my cheek, her thumb rubbing my cheek bone gently.

"I love you all too but-"

"But nothing, Eva. Hermoine is right. You need to tell somebody and soon. We'll be right next to you and help you the entire way. At least one of us will," Chelsi interrupts and slides off the arm of the couch and grabs one of my hands in both of her's. I just feel like it's causing a commotion and the last thing I need is more attention on myself.