eighteen

(theres gonna be time skips so first year can hurry up and b over bc it isnt really important. just establishing friendships and personalities and shit)(and i dont wanna write abt it anymore. i have good plans for the future hehe) (enjoy this chapter bestie baes)

~Walk in your rainbow paradise (paradise)
Strawberry lipstick state of mind (state of mind)
I get so lost inside your eyes
Would you believe it?~

wanna bet?

"W-What are you doing here?" I ask and brush my hands on my leggings. He laughs, casting his eyes down then looking back at me.

"My parents. I think your mother convinced them to stay so I could attend Hogwarts this year, my mother always wanted us to come here anyways so it didn't take much convincing," He jokes and I laugh, tucking a loose hair that had fallen out of my ponytail behind my ear.

"Well, Mr. King, I was just about to grab some dinner. Would you like to accompany me?" I question and bite the inside of my lip. He smiles and bends his arm, offering his elbow to me.

"Of course, Ms. Hufflepuff," He puts on a fake British accent and I bring my hand over my mouth quickly, muffling my laugh. I wrap my hand around his elbow and start guiding us up towards the Great Hall.

"Have you gotten a tour yet?" I ask and he nods his head, glancing over at me quickly.

"Yeah, Headmaster Dunbledore gave me one. It wasn't much help though. It feels like my first time at Ilvermorny all over again. I got sorted into a new house too. They are completely different than the ones back home," He says as we reach the doors of the Great Hall. I stop and jump up and down excitedly.

"Where did you get sorted into?" I exclaim excitedly. After all of the conversations he have had before, I was hoping for Hufflepuff or maybe even Gryffindor so we can still see each oth-

"Slytherin," He says and shrugs. We walk into the Great Hall together and I sit at the back Hufflepuff table. It was completely empty and nobody was around.

"You don't mind if I sit, do you?" Mason speaks up but he was already sitting down at the bench across from me. I still shake my head and start piling turkey and sweet potatoes on my plate.

"I did invite you to come eat with me, did I not?" I ask and put green beans on my plate and he chuckles, grabbing a cup of water.

"So, Slytherin then. That's interesting," I pile a forkful of turkey into my mouth to prevent elaborating and he laughs lightly, loading his own plate.

"What does it mean? I didn't have time to do much research before I came," it was his turn this time to fill his mouth with food. I reach over and grab a glass of water. I take a quick sip and wipe my mouth with a napkin before starting.

"Well, stereotypically they aren't necessarily the... best. But I'm not one to categorize people," I take another sip of water and he does the same, never taking his eyes off me, signally the he obviously wants me to continue.

"They're known to be ambitious and extremely cunning. They know what they want and take it. They are known to be loyal when they feel it is deserved but there's a lot of traits that counteract that. They are bold which could be good or bad, depending on the situation. Their worst trait in my opinion is that they'll do anything to get what they want," I stab my turkey with my fork and take a bite, looking over at Mason. His eyebrows are furrowed and he has his mouth pulled to the side, as if he's thinking about something.

"Interesting. You're a Hufflepuff right?" I nod in response. And he continues, "But you're pretty ambitious and you seem very loyal. What characterizes a Hufflepuff?" He leans forward on his elbows.