three

~Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy
Out on the ocean sailing away
I can hardly wait
To see you to come of age
But I guess we'll both
Just have to be patient
'Cause it's a long way to go~

pretty

"You two should consider yourselves extremely lucky for only getting detention. That should have been plenty enough to expel you both," Hermoine scolds the two boys and I nod in agreement, pulling the greenhouse door open for us to all pile in for class.

"I should think you would mind your own business," Ron grumbles in reply and Hermoine glares at him, which he returns just as purposefully.

"Okay, okay you two. Try not to kill each other quite yet. It's only the first day," I step in between them and sling my arm on either one of their shoulders. I look between the two with a warm smile on my face and Ron rolls his eyes but Hermoine allows a small smile onto her face.

Before I can continue, Professor Sprout taps her wand gently on the table in front of her, catching everyone's attention so that class can begin. This wasn't a class that any of us were necessarily excited for, well besides Neville, so it was rather easy to allow our minds to wander or to chat quietly to each other.

Most the witches and wizards in the class were talking amongst each other about who knows what. Maybe about boys or girls or their summers, but I do know that nobody was really paying attention to the class. Right now I was twirling my wand around my hand, not particularly listening to anything going on around me. I feel something hit me in the face and sit up straight, looking towards the direction of the perpetrator.

The first person to catch my eye was, of course, Malfoy. He was looking away from me, trying his best not to make any eye contact with me but I saw right through his little act. I roll my eyes but before I can act in reply, Professor Sprout clears her throat.

"So go ahead and put your ear muffs on. Once they are on, I will show you how the transplant will be done," her soft voice echoes throughout the greenhouse and everyone follows their directions, for once. Nobody particularly wanted to pass out or be deafened today because of the shrill of the Mandrakes. They have great healing properties but that shriek will ruin your life. There is nothing that it can even begin to be compared to.

I place my ear muffs on and Professor Sprout looks around the room and holds a thumbs up which we all mirror and then she wraps her hand firmly around the top of the mandrake in front of her.

"Firmly grasp, and give a good sturdy yank then-" She pulls the mandrake out of the ground and it's shrieks fill the air. Even through the muffs, it could still be heard and was overwhelming enough to cause Neville to still faint.

As soon as Neville hits the ground, I turn to Harry next to me and catch Malfoy out the corner of my eye. He looks to Crabbe and mumbles something, mocking how Neville passed out. If no one had been watching, they wouldn't have even noticed but I can't let it go without acknowledging his actions.

"Malfoy. Enough," I state simply and he looks over at me and scoffs. Before he can reply, Professor Sprout instructs us to proceed in the the repotting and everyone begins to pull their mandrake's out. I hear a shriek, other than the mandrakes and look towards the source of the sound. Malfoy's mandrake had chomped down on his finger rather hard and I let out a snort and turn back towards my own mandrake.

"Karma," I mumble to myself then pull my mandrake from the pot. Mine doesn't scream much and if you look closely enough, they're actually kind of cute. I transplant it quickly and we all finish the class early and Professor Sprout lets us leave, assuming we would all go to the library or be responsible but I have noticed that people are starting to act different around here.