nine

~ Let's have another toast to the girl almighty
Let's pray we stay young
Stay made of lightning
Am I the only
Only believer?
There's something happening here~

first ever detention

"What do you mean you don't know what it is?" I question, snatching the vile back from Hermoine.

"I mean that I don't know what it is. Maybe take it to Hagrid?" She snatches the vile back from me, looking it over again. We were currently sat in the Gryffindor common room. Trixie and Dylan were sat on the floor and I had my head in Hermoine's lap and my legs draped over Harry.

"Let me see it," Ron suddenly says from the chair across from us. Before Hermoine can hand it to him I snatch it from her again.

"Oh absolutely not. I'm pretty sure Ronald would drink it," I say and observe the liquid again.

"Are you sure it was Flamel?" Suddenly Harry speaks up, looking up from the book that he currently had his nose in.

"Positive, Harry. How many times are you going to ask?" Hermoine replies sarcastically, letting her head fall back on the back of the couch, clearly frustrated with our lack of progress.

"Do you think I should take this to Hagrid now?" I ask, drawing my attention back to the mysterious liquid in the vile, setting it down on the side table. It was almost curfew and I would have to make it quick.

"Perhaps," Hermoine replies. I groan, picking the book up from off my chest and placing it on my face. Mouse takes this opportunity to jump onto my chest and curl up on my stomach. I feel Harry absentmindedly reach up and pet her.

I look from under my book and see that he has continued reading his book, his elbow resting on my hip and his hand petting Mouse.

"I have seen Famel, Flannel, Faller but no Flamel," He complains and I place the book back over my face.

"I said to check the restricted section but nobody wants to listen to me," I mumble from under the book. Ron speaks up before anyone can say anything else.

"Actually, if I remember correctly, you said to ASK if we could borrow a book from the restricted section. The fact that you would even think that we could get permission is-"

"Preposterous." Hermoine finishes his statement. I move the book that was resting on my face and look up at Hermoine.

"Oh not you too! We have to follow the rules," I insist and Hermoine rolls her eyes, a smile playing on her lips.

"Maybe Malfoy is right, Eva," Trixie suddenly speaks up and I sit up straight in my seat. She completely caught me off guard with that one.

"Malfoy is right about with, Trix? Please enlighten me," I say and cross my arms over
my chest.

"That you're a good girl,"

"What's wrong with being a good girl?" I question, turning my head in Hermoine's lap so I was facing the gorgeous girl in front of me. My adjustment causes the book to fall from my chest and slam into the ground. Oops.

"Hey!" Hermoine complains, probably because I lost my spot in the book and I made a loud noise which could break her focus.

"I mean, nothing is wrong with being a good girl. It's just fun to break the rules sometimes," She shrugs and continues reading.

"I like that you're a good girl, E. I always know you'll do the right thing," Harry comments and I look down at him and smile. He always has my back.