twenty-three

~I can't lose another life
Hurry, I'm worried
The world's a little blurry
Or maybe it's my eyes
The friends I've had to bury
They keep me up at night~

pinky swear

"He just always acts so suspicious. It's like he's always ready to hurt somebody. I don't like that. I thought he was sweet, Eva," Hermoine continues taking about Mason. It's been all she has talked about since the four of us have been sitting in the common room. We had to fill Trixie in on what happened since one of her exams ran over. She was equally as surprised at Mason's sudden reaction.

I also think that the way he reacted was so odd. It was almost possessive or jealousy but why would he feel that way?

"He is. Well he was at Christmas? I don't even know. Can we talk about something else?" I plead as I look between all of them. I feel like so much attention has been on me lately and is it weird to say that it's exhausting? I feel like I'm constantly being prodded at and I'm going to burst soon.

"Like how you and Harry haven't spoken to each other since that night we got detention?" Hermoine retaliates and I snap my head towards her. That was equally as unnecessary to bring up.

"Oh, I've noticed. We all have," Hermoine replies to my lookp and gestures towards Trixie and Dylan. Dylan looks at me and simply shrugs before kicking her feet up on the coffee table.

"Speaking of Harry, where are the boys?" Trixie says while looking down at her nails. I look at Hermoine but she looks at me at the same time.

"Don't look at me, you were with them last," I put my hands up in defensive and hear Dylan snicker from her seat across from us. We were sitting in the Gryffindor common room, for all we know they could be eavesdropping from their own dorms. They know that we are here, there is no way they don't. We always come and study in the Gryffindor common room because it is usually less busy.

"If they aren't here then I assume they are off plotting something to get into deeper shit than they are already in," Dylan speaks up with a smirk on her face. She knows just as well as I do that they always find a way to break some sort of rules.

I chuckle lightly at her comment before laying back on the couch. "I miss Harry. It's crazy how he is literally around all the time but he feels so far at the same time," I breathe out quietly and let my eyes shut, relaxing into the cushions on the couch.

"Talk to him. Apologize," Trixie says and I feel Hermoine's head rest against my thigh. I open my eyes and look down at her. She is sitting on the floor with her back against the couch that I'm laying on and she looks completely concentrated on something other than our conversation. She has her brows furrowed and her eyes focused on the ceiling as if she's searching it for answers.

"But that's the thing, Trix. I have nothing to apologize for. I honestly did nothing wrong but he's choosing to blame me for whatever reason. Just because I'm friends with the Malfoy's? I don't get it. We are literally family friends. I wouldn't even consider Malfoy a friend necessarily. Yeah he has his moments, don't get me wrong, but it isn't like Harry and I," I explain frustratedly, speaking with my hands probably a little too much.

"Just try to talk to him. Use your charm, manipulate him a little bit," Dylan says and throws a pillow at me.

"Dylan!" I exclaim and let out a loud laugh at her comment, catching the pillow with ease and placing it beneath my head.

"Don't 'Dylan' me. I said a little bit," She shrugs and we all laugh. She definitely knows exactly how to brighten up and situation in any room. You can't help but love her.