three

~ Here we go again
I kinda wanna be more than friends
So take it easy on me
I'm afraid you're never satisfied~

feisty

Harry was still late to class.

Along with Ron.

So much for scoping out the classes beforehand to avoid getting lost. Of course, Ron cannot bare to keep his mouth shut and makes a slick comment along the lines of "I can't imagine the look on ol' McGonnagal's face if she saw we were late," and at the same time as the words leave his mouth, the cat jumps from the desk, morphing into McGonnagal.

I snort from my seat beside Hermoine and she just shakes her head rolling her eyes. I glance forward towards Draco and hear him let out a snicker. I gag internally. How can one boy be so undeniably repulsive?

"Staring at Malfoy?" Hermoine smirks at me, before turning her attention back to the front.

"Oh give me a break Granger," I mutter and roll my eyes as the lesson begins.

The class drags on for what seems like hours until finally we are dismissed and Harry catches up to me, offering to walk to our next class together. Of course I oblige, who wouldn't?

"I have to head to the toilets quickly before class begins," I reach out, touching Harry's shoulder to catch his attention. "Okay but hurry, I don't want to be all alone with Snape," he smiles, nudging me. I laugh and insist I wont be long.

When I return from the washroom, there's only one seat left and of course it's next to Malfoy. Harry turns in his seat next to Granger and offers me an apologetic smile as I am forced to sit next to someone who is quickly becoming my enemy.

Malfoy goes a while without bothering me, seeming to pay attention in the class. I look over and see that he is, in fact, actually paying attention and I am impressed. He definitely seems like the type to get a bad mark and huff and puff about how his 'father will be hearing about this' which is the worst kind of spoilt rich boy.

"Mr. Potter. Our...new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape's droning tone suddenly catches my attention when I hear Harry's name.

I look over to him and see him shrug, pulling an embarrassed face. But Hermoine's hand skyrockets into the air and I scoff, noticing that Malfoy scoffed beside me. Nice to know I am not the only one to find this know-it-all girl slightly infuriating.

"Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Snape quizzes Harry again, instigating him, knowing he does not know the answer. Again Hermoine's hand shoots up and I have to look away before my tongue gets the best of me. I lock eyes with Draco.

"It's nice to know I'm not the only one to find the Mudblood absolutely infuriating," Malfoy says to me but my face drops. "You shouldn't call people that, Malfoy. It's absolutely disgusting and derogatory," I snap and decide to turn my attention back to the conversation going on a few feet to my right.

"Not very friendly," he comments and roll my eyes and continue scribbling what Snape is talking about on my parchment.

~*~

I yawn standing between Malfoy and Longbottom looking off into the distance. A wave of shiny golden blonde hair catches my attention and I step forward, thinking I may have finally caught a glimpse of my missing friend. "What is it Hufflepuff?" Draco places a hand on my shoulder and I shrug it off, turning to look at him. He has a look of concern written all over his face which quickly develops into a smirk.