seven

he deserves nothing more

"I feel like you have been acting strange since that night with Lockhart," I grab Harry's forearm and stop him from walking, refusing to take his shrug for an explanation this time.

"Can you listen to me for five second please?" I practically beg and he sighs, finally stopping to face me.

This is the third time I have tried to have this conversation with Harry and every single time, he blows me off. Since that day that Hermoine and I caught him looking confused around the hall, he has been acting so strange. Even strange for Harry which is saying something. He keeps going to the same spot as if he is looking for something but he won't actually open up about what is going on in his head.

I completely understand that he is not obligated to tell me how he is feeling but it tears me apart that he has started behaving so differently around us. He should be comfortable around everyone to express himself. He has said many times that it is difficult for him to keep things from me, but here he is, doing it again.

"Ever since you were in that detention, you have been so distant and just acting... strange. What is going on?" I cross my arms over my chest and he runs his hand through his hair in frustration. Every time I bring up how strange he has been behaving, he acts like it is the end of the world for him to try to explain himself to me.

"I-I can't tell you. Well I can tell you but... I can't explain it because I don't really know what happened, E. It was weird. I think it was a cursed thing," He mumbles out and drops his head into his hands, running his hands through his hair, obviously stressed. I sigh and grab his arms, pulling him closer to me and wrapping my own arms around his neck.

I know a hug isn't much, but it can mean a lot to someone who feels like they can't explain anything. He has such a special place in my heart and I want to protect him and his heart as much as humanly possible.

"You aren't cursed, Harry. I don't want you to think that you are. I've said it before and I will say it a million more times. You are one of the greatest people I have ever met and you shouldn't think that something that happened when you were an infant that you had no control over is your fault, okay?" I confess. Even if it isn't what he wants to hear right now, I'm right. He can't keep blaming his parent's death on himself or the idea of him being cursed.

He pulls away from me and looks between both of my eyes. "Christ, Eva," he murmurs quietly and looks down at the ground in between us. My eyebrows drop to a look of confusion and I place my hand on his cheek, forcing him to focus on me.

"What's wrong? What have I done?" I question and he smiles, leaning into my hand slightly. I feel my cheeks heat up under his intense stare but I return a toothy grin to him. "What?" I repeat myself with a chuckle and he shakes his head.

"You're perfect. You know that?" He questions and I let a nervous, almost embarrassed laugh escape my lips and divert eye contact. He leans down so he is in my eye line and forces me to look at him. "I'm serious, Eva. I wouldn't want anyone else to try to force me to spill my guts," he teases and I roll my eyes, he always knows how to make a joke out of everything so it is comforting to hear him cracking a few right now.

"So...Are you going to actually tell me now?" I inquire and he sighs but something behind me catches his attention. I turn towards where his eyes are focused and my eyes catch the back of Malfoy's head and Blaise was facing my direction. They were having some sort of heated discussion by Malfoy's body language and Blaise was not even the slightest bit expressing the same intensity as Malfoy. He has a smirk sitting on his lips and instead lets out an occasional chuckle.