seventeen

~Funny that it's always been all about you from the start
I met someone new last night and we kicked it
And I'm going back there tonight
And you know what's on my mind, this time
Going back there tonight
And you know what's on my mind~

kinda hot, to be honest

A soft knock emits through the marble bathroom and my mother speaks softly from the other side, "Do you need anything, honey?" but instead of replying, I just groan and hope she will get the idea. The idea being 'please leave me alone so I can die in peace'.

I woke up early this morning and immediately ran to the bathroom. Before I knew it, I was sick every where. That was eight hours ago. I had been sitting the bathroom sick for the past eight hours. On top of that, it was New Year's Eve so my mom had planned for us to go to Malfoy manor to celebrate. Of course I would be missing it. I'm sure I won't hear the end of it when I see Draco again.

I'm not entirely sure what happened but my mother and I had gone to a muggle restaurant yesterday for lunch so I kind of assumed it was food poisoning. Muggles have a way with ruining most things, including good food. No offense to them. I can't imagine what American muggles are like.

I drop back onto the tile and pull the throw blanket closer around my shoulders. I feel awful. This is the most sick I have been in years honestly. I adjust my seating and my face meets the edge of the tub. The coolness send chills over my hot body and I am finally semi comfortable.

♆ ♆ ♆

Three hard knocks on the door wake me up. Had I fallen asleep? It was dark in the room, and I realized it was dark outside. I slide over to the door and twist the handle, letting it open a bit. My mother is stood tall with pity all over her face.

Pity is not what I need right now. What I need is to go back to sleep.

I scoot away from the door and lean my back against the sink. My mother pushes the door open and gently steps over my legs, sitting across from me. She has a plate in her hands and I look away from it. I can't imagine eating right now. She reaches over me and places the plate on the counter next to the sink.

"How are you feeling, my little flower?" Her words are soft and her hands feel cool on my warm knee. I shrug in response and knock my head back on the sink, closing my eyes. My have chills all over my body but I feel so hot at the same time. Is there not some charm or potion that will make me feel better?

"I guess you won't he up for the party tonight then?"

"What a great observation," I mumble, my voice coming out hoarse. It was a mixture of the stomach acid that scorned my throat, not talking all day, and probably something to do with just waking up. I sounded terrible and I was afraid to see what I even remotely look like. Probably a hot mess.

"You look better. A lot better. There's finally some color coming back to your face," She says again, her thumb rubbing comforting circles over my knee. I nod my head but still don't open my eyes. The room is spinning slightly and I'm afraid if I open my eyes, it'll get even worse.

"Well, I put a trash can with a bag next to your bed. There's some bread, crackers, ginger ale, and a water bottle sitting over there on that tray. And there's a little anti-nausea potion in the small bottle if you want it," She pats my knee gently and stands, smoothing out her dress. My stomach flips slightly at the idea of eating and I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself.

"The maids are downstairs cleaning and Horpey is here. I told him to keep an eye out for you and just make sure you're okay. If the maids are being too loud, just tell Horpey and I have told them to listen to him," She steps over my legs and places a hand on the side of my head, rubbing over my ear gently. She leans in and presses a chaste kiss to my forehead before speaking again.