twelve

~ In the night, we'll take a walk, it's nothing funny
Just to talk
Put your hand in mine
You know that I want to be with you all the time
You know that I won't stop until I make you mine~

papillion

"Just help us Eva! Please?" Harry puts on his best pouty face. It was the day that we were leaving for Christmas break. Hermoine had just left and made the terrible suggestion to search the restricted section in the library to try and figure out who this Flamel man is.

It had been a full almost two months and we still were at the same point we started at with this mystery man.

"Queen to E-5," Ron says again once Hermoine walks away. She had criticized the game calling it "barbaric" and she wasn't wrong but this was definitely a lot more interesting than sitting and reading even more books.

The queen walks to the knight and clinks it out the way and I scrunch my nose up. It really was barbaric.

"Please, Eva," Harry repeats and he and Ron both look at me. I look between the two and roll my eyes, sitting back in my chair.

"Why do I have to do it? You know I don't like to break rules, Potter," I tease him, flipping the joke they always use on me, "I'm a good girl remember?"

"How could we forget," Ron mumbles and I kick him under the table.

"Ow!" He exclaims, rubbing his shin.

"Play nice," He mutters and I laugh, shortly turning to Harry and raising my eyebrows, waiting for an answer to my question. They had been trying to convince me to steal a book from the restricted section for the past two hours.

"Because, you wouldn't get in trouble! Nobody wants to piss of your mom so you could get away with anything. Please!"

"Nope," I pop the 'p' and stand from the chair at the table. "I gotta get going you guys. My mom will be furious if I miss the train," I dismiss the conversation and sling my bag over my shoulder. They boys stand and Ron walks around the table to embrace me in a tight hug.

"Can't... Breath... Ron," I gasp out and he lets go of his tight grip, holding me at arms length, chewing on his cheek slightly. "I'm actually going to miss you, Hufflepuff. I hate to admit it and make your head any bigger than it already is but-"

"Oh shut up. You love me," I interrupt a smile placed securely across my lips. "Yeah sure something like that," He replies, rolling his eyes and I let out a laugh in reply. I feel Harry's hand on my shoulder, turning me to face him and he pulls me in, hugging me tightly. I wrap my arms around his neck in response, my head nuzzled in his neck.

"I'll miss you so much, even though we'll only be apart for a few weeks," I speak quietly so only he can hear me in his ear and he nods in response.

"Maybe I'll see if Molly wants to let you drop by for a bit one day," He pulls away from me, his hand still resting on my arm.

"I would love that. Unless Ron has a problem with me going for one of his brothers," I shrug, trying to keep a serious look on my face but Ron's drops and he frowns in my reference to the twins.

I turn my head away from him but it doesn't silence the laugh that leaves my lips when Ron says, "This isn't fair. They get all the girls,"

"I'm kidding Ronald. Don't get your knickers in a twist. They are fit though I can't lie," I joke again and he crosses his arms.

"Oh shut up, Hufflepuff," He says, narrowing his eyebrows at me. I laugh again and he puts his bag over his arm and storms away. Harry laughs lightly and goes to grab his bag.