twenty-four

(buckle up this is a long one)
lullaby

I was walking with the Golden Trio. We had just gotten out of our last exam of the year. I could finally take a deep breath and relax. They were in a deep conversation about something that I couldn't even begin to care to pay attention to. My brain felt fried after all the exams that I've taken in the past two days.

"What do you think, Eva?" Hermoine's voice catches me attention and I turn my head to look at her. The three of them had their eyes burning into me and I felt a blush rise to my cheeks, slightly embarrassed about being caught day dreaming.

"I- uh... what did you say?" I decide to just ask her to repeat herself instead of make up some answer. I see Dylan out the corner of my eye, walking towards us and I stop, causing the rest of the group to stop as well.

"I said wouldn't it be odd if-" Hermoine stops mid sentence when she sees Dylan approaching us, her hood pulled onto her head and covering most of her face. Hermoine's face drops and she turns to Harry and Ron. Harry's hand flies to his scar and her rubs it lightly.

"You alright?" I grab his hand from his forehead and inspect his scar. It didn't look out of the ordinary but you never know what to expect from Harry honestly.

"My scar. It hurts,"

"Well that's nothing new," I tease and fix the front of his hair over his forehead. I pull my hands away and he shakes his head eagerly at the three of us.

"Not like this. I think it's a warning. A warning that danger is coming," His hand flies back to his head again and he groans in pain. "Oh of course! How could I be so clueless?" He sudden snaps and starts speed walking towards Hagrid's hut.

"Where is he going?" I try to yell after Hermoine but she shrugs and follows Harry with Ron right next to her. Dylan seems to come out of no where and grabs my wrist, preventing me from following the three down towards Hagrid's.

"Can this wait, D? I really feel like I should go with them," I try to reason with her and pull my hand out of her grip. Her face drops slightly and a feeling of guilt washes over me for dissing my best friend. But my other best friends need me too.

"Well, I-I'll come with you," Her voice is full of defeat and my heart drops to my stomach. I shake my head quickly and force a smile onto my lips which she quickly mirrors.

"No, no, no. It's okay. I can catch up with them later. What's up?" I assure her quickly and she smiles at me quickly before going on a tangent about how I need to come over to her house over the summer break.

Honestly, I am not really listening. Just saying an occasional 'mhm' or 'yeah, definitely' so she thinks I'm listening. My brain is completely focused on what epiphany came to Harry's head to make him run off without even explaining what he realized first. It worries me.

Especially along with the fact that his scar was bothering him. The only time it has ever hurt him that he told me about was the night in the woods and he was literally two feet away from Voldemort. That is terrifying.

"Are you even listening, Eva?" Dylan's voice is suddenly filled with annoyance and I nod quickly, "Oh yeah, definitely. Sorry, I'm just thinking about exams and... stuff," I try to convince her quickly but she doesn't buy it.

"You're a terrible liar, Hufflepuff. What is on your mind?" She grabs my wrist and I look away from her. Those icy blue eyes could really make me confess anything. They're so inviting and warm but threatening at the same time.

I shrug and continue walking and she grabs my wrist again, trying to stop me. I quickly pull my hand from her grip and she steps away from me slightly. A sudden feeling of annoyance fills me at her persistence and I roll my eyes.