Chapter Twenty-Nine

Dedicate to lemon21 since she gave this chapter its first vote

                 Chapter Twenty-Nine

     ~~~~~ Kylie – Who told you? ~~~~~

    ----- 3 Months later -----

     The day had finally arrived. A day I had feared since Kylie asked me to attend the dreadful occasion. 'But how could you have denied after the way she asked you?' I could have let her down easy. 'You are a jerk.' Why that has to be the nicest thing you have ever said to me.

I  have spent trying this entire time trying to get myself out of it, but my efforts were never successful or even remotely close to actually working out in my favor.

She had the nerve to gather her entire posse of cheerleaders and do a flash mob. I was told that Kylie had scheduled extra practices for the entire group to memorize their routine in less than two weeks. Some of the cheerleaders do not approve of our relationship therefore wanted to play no part in Kylie's plan and only came for the mandatory cheerleading practices.

When the time came, Samantha sat me on a lunch table outside and danced to numerous songs. To my surprise even some guys and other girls from all the varsity sports I had participated in joined the squad. When the fiasco was over, they each held a sign containing a certain letter in their hands.

"Alexandria Santiago Will You Please Go To Prom With..." After pointing at each one of them, they all shook their heads at me so I started to look around. When pointing at Taylor she gives me a sad smile and shakes her head no. I pointed to everyone who was gathered but they all shook their heads. I was starting to give up when someone taps my shoulder making me jump ten feet in the air. She stood there with a small smile and a single orange rose. She then got on one knee and took a sign in her hands and held it up.

After seeing the "me" on the sign it was obvious that she was behind all this so I just nodded and took the rose from her hand. She got up and did a little victory dance before abusing my lips.

From the corner of my eye I saw Taylor throwing her "A" away and entering the school wiping her cheek with her sleeve. Kylie turned me around again and gave me another kiss that made me forget my name, so i could not go after her and ask what was wrong.

And now, here I stand looking right into a dress and a pair of high heels that I have yet to feel comfortable in. Kylie is probably getting ready thinking I will find a last second excuse not to go.

"Alexandria, may I come in?" I found myself shaking my head and tightening the white bathrobe around my body. As I walk to the door I pass my hand through my wet and tangled hair that I have yet to even brush. Rachael knocks once again making me quicken my pace.

Rachael has been extra happy lately. Her smile never fades and seems to brighten every time I catch her staring at me. When I ask her what's wrong she just smiles even brighter and shakes her head continuing to do whatever she was doing before I even spoke.

My mind still cannot process how everything got to this point. I have never been so scared in my life. Everything is going great. How did I get so lucky? I have a family. I have a girlfriend who loves me almost just as much as I love her. Everything is coming together better than I have ever imagined.

'So why are you so nervous?' I don't know. I'm just afraid that this is all going to end soon.

Fear has always been a part of my life. My life is surrounded by the fear of coming face to face with the people who has hurt me. And yet not even when I had to fight 5 guys at the same time because uncle wanted to "toughen me up" or even when I had to jump out of a five story burning building because "mommy dearie" forgot to turn off her cigarette properly, had I ever been as scared as the day we told Mike and Rachael that we are going out. Kylie held my hand the entire time giving me the strength I needed to stand in front of them, and plus, my death grip on her hand didn't allow her to let go.