Chapter Four

Chapter Four 
                                      ~~~~~ Alex -the grand tour ~~~~~

Mr. Smith could not stop laughing when he saw the footage of the guys- I mean ladies. He was almost rolling on the floor with laughter. His eyes went wide with shock and surprise when he saw a video of my performance in the skate park. He looked at me and then at the video as if to prove it true.

"Alexandria, this is awesome! Where did you learn how to skate like this?" He asked putting the phone down and looking at me for a response.

"I move around a lot, so I pick up a few things along the way, and please call me Alex." I tell him looking at the floor and playing with my hands.

"You are just full of surprises aren't you? What else can you do?" He gave me his undivided attention. Rachel was next to him on the couch also listening carefully.

Rachael hugs his waist with one arm while still keeping her gaze on me. Mr. Smith puts an arm around her shoulder swiftly as if by reflex. The way they move together and care for each other is nice to witness. There love towards each other is shown without difficulty.

"Well I learned karate and kickboxing as long as other martial arts and self-defense fighting techniques in Texas. I know how to cook many types of food. I learned how to play the piano, guitar, violin, flute, clarinet, and many other instruments in all the places I was taken too. I basically take something from everywhere I go." Admitting all this is new and strange. I've never actually told anyone of my abilities, yet here I am telling them to people who I barely know.

"Wow, so you can cook, what kind of food do you cook?" asked Rachel with a glint in her eyes. A smile appears on both their faces.

'Out of all you just said, she only picked up your cooking?' Maybe they really like food.

"I can cook Honduran food thanks to my mom and dad. I can cook Mexican food and Chinese or if preferred Japanese food thanks to Mrs. Khan, the lady I used to work for when I was 12. I can cook basically anything on food network. Oh but I can't bake. I always burn cookies and the brownies turn out like rocks. I don't know why." They laughed when I said I couldn't bake but were so intrigued by me that I suddenly felt uncomfortable.

Mr. Smith raised his eyebrow and said, "You can cook Honduran food?"

'Once again, out of all you just said he only picked up that you can cook Honduran food. Really?' just shut up. 'Fine.' Wait what? 'I'll be quiet.' Really? Just like that? 'Yeah.'

"Hell yeah- I mean yes, yes I can." I say quickly trying to correct myself. He laughs but still looks surprised. "I used to work for a Honduran lady who ran a restaurant. I cleaned the floors while I saw how she cooked. My mother and father had taught me the basics and the rest I learned from Mrs. Morales and her husband." I explain.

They looked at each other and at the same time nod to each other in agreement.

'I am missing something?’ I thought you said that you would keep quiet. 'Well I was quiet.' It was nice while it lasted.

"Can you make something for us?" Mrs. Smith said with a pleading face. Mr. Smith just had a wide smile at the thought.

'Do they even know where Honduras is?' I don't know. 'Please don't tell me they thinks it's in Mexico ‘cause I'll go off on them' chill dude. If they asked me to cook it and I explained I can cook both, then they know. 'Hey I'm just saying.' then don't say.