A Vampire's POV

Present...

"Hey Jimin! Wassup?" greeted Hoseok with his usually high spirit. I greeted him back with a power punch.
"Yoh Hobie, how's vacation?" I asked as we walked towards the school gate. The atmosphere today is cool and the students are all lively. Today is the 1st day of our high school, I'm excited to meet new people and experience new things. They say this is the spring of youth, I must enjoy it.
"Nuh, nothing special, I just stayed at home and studied in advance," Hoseok answered with a sigh, but he immediately smiled to bring his hopes up again.
"Yeah I know, you're a study freak because you don't wanna lose to Namjoon, haha," I laughed at him. It's not the insulting type of laugh, but a teasing one. I knew him ever since that's why I know all about him. His hobbies, his secret crushes, and all his insecurities, I learned all about it.
"Yaaah! Who said I was ever going to lose to him? I know he's a genius but I'm hardworking," he rebutted with annoyance. Yup that's him, easily annoyed just by hearing the name of Namjoon.
"Okay, okay if you say so," I just agreed.

The first day of school went by just fine. Hoseok and I went dancing in the park because it's one of our common interests. Now it's getting dark, I have to go home to eat.
"Hobie, gotta go, gotta hunt some food," I whispered to him. It's been my everyday life, to hunt for my food to continue living.
"You're still hunting in the woods? Why not just snatch people out there and eat them directly?" Hobie asked as I pack my things in my bag.
"Nuh, I stopped doing that since I was seven, I'm fine with just animal's blood," I said without looking at him, "Well, I'm off," I waved back at him.
"Hey! If you change your mind, I know a few people who are willing to give blood for a fee!" he yelled, it's good we were the only ones left in the park that time, or else other people would know of us. I just shook my hand back.

Being a seven-year old vampire 10 years ago, I didn't know yet how to hunt for food. My father would just let me do the hunting without even teaching me how. They said that's how vampires learn to survive. But eversince then, I'll follow my brothers secretly when they hunt, and when they're finished eating, I'll come out and eat what they've left. That's how it was until I was caught by my father doing that. "How will you learn how to find yourself a food when all you do is eat what your brothers have finished?" father said and slapped me hard. But I'm too afraid of people back then, I'm scared that they'll kill me for being a vampire. I didn't want to be one in the first place. For seven years, I was always locked up in the house and I was taught there too. I wasn't able to go to school because my fangs were always out and I still can't control my hunger. I have no friends back then. I'll do whatever I like before and the others were extremely bothered because of me.
Until one night when I decided to go in the woods to train myself in hunting animals, a furious beast, a wolf, attacked me and ripped off my chest. I was so defenseless and weak. I hated myself for it. But unexpectedly, a girl about my age came to me and offered her blood which thankfully saved my life. I imprinted her scent, her beautiful face and her sweet blood in my head so that I'll never forget her. However, even though I go to their house deep in the woods daily, I didn't see her after what happened, their house became empty.

In today's century, the idea of vampires living among humans became trite, that people have long gone lost their interest and knowledge about vampires. However, we still exist in the human world, some still know about our race and doesn't give a shit and others are just oblivious. The vampire race today have evolved in many ways. If what you've read and watched in fantasy movies before that vampires burn under the sun or in the sight of a cross, or are allergic to garlic and holy water, those are not true anymore. Vampires have overcome those threats because nowadays, we are no longer the hideous blood-sucking monsters that people have feared of long ago. We look and smell so humanly that you wouldn't even notice that we are not. This is my life.