Ch 12 Danger pt. 1

A week after, Rae went back to her usual self, the cheery and always thoughtful old self of hers. She has been gloomy and aloof for a while after that nightmare, after suspecting that her boy friends were all vampires. But she has convinced herself that it was just a bad dream and it doesn't mean anything.
"Hey, let's go, lunch time already," V waved his hands in front of Rae who was staring in an empty field outside the window.
"Ah! Sure!" Rae stood up and smiled so brightly back at V and together they went to the cafeteria where everyone else were, including Jimin. By this time, Rae has overcome the awkwardness between her and Jimin, although still hiding the fact that she likes him. She has decided to accept her feelings for him and just let time and chance to close the gap between them.
"Hi! I missed having lunch with y'all!" Rae greeted as she set her lunch tray down the table.
"I missed you too milady," Jin held her hand and kissed it, which made Rae flinch a bit.
"Hey! Stop that or Euijin will strangle me to death! Haha!" she laughed. Her bestfriend Euijin, and her 'brother' Jin, are already dating for about a month now. In fact they are called the Jin-Jin couple and they are quite popular in school. Euijin wasn't bullied or anything, maybe because the students were afraid of Jin and at the same time Euijin has a very strong personality, the opposite of Rae. Well, life is still good for Rae since she's not being bullied anymore, that is ever since Jimin started disregarding her.
"Hi Jungkook! Ah my little Jungkook! Did you grow taller again? You're a giant now!" Rae continued greeting while measuring their height difference with her hands.
"I did not grow taller babe, you're just incredibly short, just like Jimin, haha!" Jungkook teased while holding Rae's head with one hand like a basketball and laughing out loud.
"Hmmpf! I don't care about my height, I'm born with it and I'm proud. Bleeeeh!" Rae defended and went to Hoseok's side.
"Hey Hopie, how's your studies? Having troubles with your subjects?" she asked and pinched his cheeks.
"I missed you Rae," Hoseok pecked a kiss on her forehead, "I'm fine now, my grades are good and the projects have lessened. I have more time for myself again," he said with confidence.
"That's good to hear. How bout you Suga bear and Namjoonie?" Rae turned to Yoongi and Namjoon who were just eating on the side like they don't care.
"Just fine, as always," Namjoon answered distantly. Well, he has always been quite distant to her, but when she needed some advice, Namjoon has always been the most perfect advisor for her.
"I'm not feeling well today, maybe you could nurse me Rae? I'd really appreciate it- ah! My head!" Yoongi suddenly acted like his head was hurting and was collapsing on the floor.
"Freak! You were just making out with Eunji in the c.r. a while ago," Jimin hit Yoongi on the head which made everyone laugh. Only Jimin can hit Yoongi like he did just now, because if it was somebody else, that person is sure dead.
"Aysh! This little kid doesn't know how to keep a secret! Aaaaysh!" Yoongi said annoyingly, scratching the back of his head. Finally their friendship has returned to normal. It makes Rae happy and she doesn't really need to ask V and Jimin how they've been since they are classmates. And so their lunch break ended.

After class, Jungkook and the others were waiting for Rae at the front gate. It was Rae's duty to clean the science club room by herself since she has missed several club activities for the past week. It was getting dark when Rae finished cleaning so she was rushing to go. She run through the hallway and up the stairs since the science club room was in the basement, 3 floors below the ground floor where the main exit was. When she was about to reach the door of the fire exit where she planned to take a short cut, she suddenly felt a stinging pain on her right arm, then her legs started to hurt too. She fell on the ground and saw blood dripping from her arm and leg. She wondered her head around to see what could've cut her, but instead what she saw was a silhouette of a girl wearing the school uniform and she was walking towards her, slowly. The girl grabbed Rae's long hair and violently dragged her to an empty classroom, blood painting the floor red as she was dragged forcefully.
"Let go of me! Who are you! Please stop!" Rae complained while desperately grabbing her hair from the girl's grip and pushing her feet on the floor. Rae was thrown at the middle of the empty room and she immediately crawled towards the back door but she was stopped when the girl stepped on her wounded leg as she cried painfully.
"You know what? You deserve to die, you worthless bitch! Why is it always you?" the girl spoke as she grabbed a handful of Rae's hair and pulled her head towards her. Rae finally recognized the voice, it was the same voice of the girl who attacked her before, and it was the same voice of Nahyun who claims to be dating Jimin now.
"Nahyun- why a-are you d-doing this t-to me?" Rae asked stuttering as she tried to held back her tears. As soon as she asked this, Nahyun's brown eyes turned into blood red and fangs started sticking out of her mouth as she growled at her. Rae began to feel terror in her whole body, realizing that vampires do exist and that Jimin and the others might really be vampires too.
"You ask me why?! Don't act like you know nothing! Don't act like you were not seducing my fiance! He's mine ever since! Just mine!" Nahyun roared and banged Rae's head on the floor with force, making a bloody scratch on her cheek. She flipped Rae over so Nahyun was on top of her and slapped both her cheeks again and again until they bled. Rae could only cry from the unbearable pain as she can feel the flesh of her skin as if being cut by a peeler. Why am I in this situation? What did I do wrong to deserve any of these punishments? Jimin... Help me... She thought as tears washed the blood on her cheeks. Rae didn't know that Nahyun and Jimin were engaged, nobody told her from the start. If she only knew, she could've stopped herself from falling for Jimin and getting close to him. But it's too late.
"He only saw you once when we were seven then he fell in love with you forever! I was with him first! Our marriage has been arranged even before we were born! But then you came! Ever since he met you, he couldn't see anybody else anymore! Even me! He couldn't see me, he couldn't see that I'm his fiancee!" Nahyun yelled, stating out the reason for her anger and violence towards Rae as tears also fell from her pale cheeks.
Jimin and I met once before? But where? Why can't I remember? Rae asked herself in the middle of being beaten by Nahyun. Rae's mind floated for a second as numbness crept into her whole body, but she was pulled back to her senses when Nahyun lifted her up with one hand and gripped her neck so tightly. I can't breathe! Someone! Anyone! Please hel- Rae can't scream out her thoughts as she was overly terrified by what was happening to her when suddenly, the classroom door swung wide open.