Ch 3 The Seven Deadly Sins

Jimin's POV

A week has passed since Jungkook and I had a small fight. Damn him. He keeps on clinging to Rae ever since they met. I already told everybody that she's mine. They should have known I meant it and I'm dead serious about it. They already know where I'm coming from so they should just keep their distance. But all of them, just all of them, keeps on getting closer to her.

Flashback

"Hey you two, stop that, the bell already rang, let's go back to class," Rae went in between me and Jungkook. I was about to rage up that time when Jungkook almost hugged Rae. Good for him, he was saved by the bell.
Rae pulled me away from the cafeteria and dragged me back to class. Along the hallway, she said while holding my hand, "Jimin... I know you're just joking a while ago, so please don't fight with your friend, don't take your jokes too far." Do I really look like I'm joking? Yes I know I always joke around and laugh like there's no tomorrow, but when I get serious, I really am. "Ah- O- okay..." I just mumbled, and she smiled at me.

The next day, I came to class a little late and saw V tickling Rae on her sides. He even sat on my chair just to do that.
"Hey V! That's my seat!" I exclaimed as I entered class and slammed my bag on my table in front of him.
"Yoh! Hold up! Good morning Jimin! Rae and I were just having fun," V laughed and stood away from my seat but sat in front of Rae instead, caressing her long hair and laughing together. It really irritated me.

During lunch at the cafeteria, Rae, V and me were eating when, of course, the other 5 came and sat around us. Jin, our eldest hyung, always sits beside Rae and just casually hugs her or kiss her on the cheeks. If only he's not my hyung...

After class, all 8 of us would walk home together, but then again, Suga and Hobie would stick close to Rae, telling stories and all. Then there's Jungkook who, miraculously, lives a block away from Rae's home, so eventually, only the 2 of them ends up walking together. Sigh. I know as a vamp that Rae's blood smells so different, as in different. She smells so sweet like caramel, or rose, or a mix of it, I'm not sure, but the scent of her blood is so irresistible for vampires. I know because I have tasted it once, 10 years ago. I know because I could never forget the same taste of blood, the same scent and the same metal-green hair that once saved my life. I already decided she'll be mine. But why does it seem like she doesn't know me or anything about what happened 10 years ago? What happened to her after that night?

Rae's POV
I'm happy I was able to meet wonderful friends in Crimson Phoenix High. But what I'm worried about is that... They are all guys. I came from an all girls school so it's kinda awkward for me to deal with boys. I had friends that were boys when I was a kid and they always tease me because of my hair being short and metal-green. They said I looked like a boy, more handsome than them, and I looked like a freak with my weird hair color. That's why I went to an all girls school to avoid the mean boys, but now that I'm back in my hometown, I was immediately greeted by these awesomely handsome men. I heard from my classmates that the seven of them were some kind of idols in the school, and each of them represent the seven deadly sins.
"Why would they represent such? What's the connection to being an idol?" I asked Euijin, my first girl friend in school.
"I heard that our school before was a place where supernatural creatures perform their ungodly acts, like killing, sex, and those other acts that I don't know of," Euijin began to explain and I just listened carefully.
"But that was long years ago, maybe centuries or millennium years ago, I'm not sure... When those supernatural creatures became extinct and this place has been abandoned, the government sold the place to the owner of the school, thus Crimson Phoenix was born," she continued.
"So? What's the connection to them?" I wasn't actually surprised or anything at what she said about supernatural creatures because I don't believe in such.
"Speculations say that the seven of them are in fact the last of their kind, I mean, I heard they are vampires or something, so they were chosen by the school principal to represent the 7 deadly sins," Euijin continued.
"But why? That isn't something good to represent, I mean, it represents evil and the ability of humans to sin," I disagreed eagerly, shaking my head furiously.
"Actually it's not bad. They symbolize the opposite of the seven sins, so it's like:"
Jin represents pride, and the opposite virtue of pride is humility.
Namjoon = wrath = patience
Jimin = lust = chastity
Taehyung = gluttony = temperance
Yoongi = sloth = diligence
Hoseok = greed = charity
Jungkook = envy = kindness
Euijin explained it by writing it down like this on her notebook, "So everytime people see those seven awesome boys, they would be reminded that instead of committing those sins, they should do what is virtuous," she ended her very very long explanation which comes down to one point. I understood it completely, though what she said that they were vampires kept bugging me. Is there a connection between them having cold skins and being a vampire? I can't quite remember but before my parents died when I turned eight, they said something about vampires, and watch out my back for them. The memory sent chills down my spine.