Ch 18 The Hunt

The next morning after Rae was hospitalized, she was once again back to normal, like nothing ever happened to her just yesterday. Rae was kind of weirded out at first, but she's slowly getting used to it, slowly getting used to drinking small amounts of Jimin's blood to fix her up (literally).

As Rae walked inside the classroom, what she first saw was her attackers, sitting on the farthest back corner of the room, laughing and kind of flirting with each other. They met eyes with eyes. But the two mean girls could not hide their shock, they almost jumped out of their seats, to see Rae standing there, alive and alright, no wounds, no scars.

It was just about time for the bell to ring. Rae smiled and greeted her classmates good morning. The two girls who inflicted Rae with so much pain startled the class when both of them suddenly stood up, their chairs almost stumbling from the force, and their faces painted with horror and unbelieving wide eyes. They thought they have left Rae to die inside the classroom yesterday, but there were no traces of any blood in the classroom when they arrived this morning. They thought Rae was already over, finished, dead. But all their assumptions were shattered, seeing Rae as beautiful as ever, or even more beautiful as she was before, now in front of their eyes.

"How d-did you!-"

"Why are y-you?-"

Both girls stuttered at the same time while pointing their fingers at Rae who was showing a face full of innocence.

"Class, settle down. I'm about to begin the lesson," the English class teacher came in just on time after the bell rang for just a few seconds. Rae's innocent smile turned into a devilish smirk without anyone noticing. The two evil witches can't do anything but to sit properly and glance at each other with the obvious fear in their eyes.

Classes dragged on until it was time for lunch. Rae acted normally the whole time, she chatted with her classmates who are all asking about her relationship with JImin, talking about how lucky she is to be chosen by JImin and etc. She then received a text from Jimin, telling her that it's already lunch break and for her to go to the cafeteria. Rae was all smiles.

"How in the world did that happen?" Nana, the tall volleyball player whispered.

"I don't know! We clearly left her bleeding her head out yesterday, here in the classroom! How should I know how she did that?" Yui, the other girl who slammed Rae's face on the table whispered back.

"Is she some kind of a witch?! Maybe she's involved in some of cult or devilry!" Nana almost shouted this but Yui immediately covered her mouth.

"Please put some sense in that mouth of yours! You know those things don't exist! But I know there must be something about her, I just know there's something..." Yui faded out. Her mind thinking of all the possible things in the world that Rae could've done, but nothing feasible comes to mind.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"You got mail!"

Rae's cellphone vibrated.

"Meet us at Woodsgate after class. Don't bring anyone. You know us."

Rae's cellphone screen lighted with this message from an unknown number. The reader silently read the message and deleted it after. Pocketing the cellphone then resuming with their lunch.

"By the way guys, I just noticed... uhm, Namjoon... why is he not around anymore? I mean, I haven't seen him since that time," Rae blurted out amidst the silence.

"He, uhm, he went for a short break from school," Jhope answered shortly. Not sure if it was the right reason.

"He said he'll be back after settling some matters with his family in his hometown," Suga said nonchalantly while slicing a piece of red meat in his plate. Not sure what meat it was though.