Ch 11 Dream

It was dark, but the light from the moon shined down on her path. The night breeze is cool and refreshing, the leaves were swaying with the wind as she walked towards a familiar place full of trees. She looked side to side as if looking for something or someone, but she was alone in that dark place. She walked slowly, stepping on the dried leaves that crackled under her feet. It all looked so familiar like a deja vu... then suddenly she heard a voice groaning from pain. She rushed to where the voice was coming from and found a boy crouching on his chest as blood gush out from it, when out of nowhere, she heard a disturbing sound repeatedly ringing in her head.

"That dream again..." Rae sighed heavily as she turned off the alarm clock beside her bed. For the past week, she has been dreaming of the same scene where she was in a forest and finding a boy who was bleeding, but when she tries to approach the boy, she suddenly wakes up from the dream. She doesn't know what that dream means, all she knows is that it is utterly familiar and it has began to disturb her.

"You seem so sleepy early in the morning, what happened?" V sat down on the seat in front of Rae and tilted his head in question.
"Yeah, that dream again, it woke me up all night," Rae yawned as an answer. She talked about her dream with V and the others (except Jimin of course, they're still not in good terms til now), but they don't have the idea what it was about.
"Ah just forget about it. I also had recurring dreams before but eventually it stopped. It'll go away soon, okay?" V caressed Rae's long metal-green hair lovingly, while it was unknown to him that Jimin was watching them from behind Rae. Jimin heard what V said, about recurring dreams. He believes that all people experience recurring dreams in their lives, and as for V who was once a human, of course he had it too. But in his case, he stopped dreaming when he became a vampire because vampires don't dream, more like, they can't. In Rae's situation, the dream she's dreaming isn't a dream, but a distant past that she only forgot.
"I don't know about that V. The more I dream about it, the more it feels like true, and the more I become curious about it," Rae said, impatient to know everything.

That night, she went to sleep comfortably, hoping she'd have the chance to see who the boy in her dream was. At around 10pm, she started to walk in that same dark forest again, but this time, she's quite used to the place now. It's as if she's walking in it in real life, not just in some dream. The moon above her has become brighter, giving her a clearer vision of what's in front of her - the boy who was profusely bleeding, hardly breathing for his dear life. This time, she run fast to him and finally reached him, but the little boy growled at her like an animal facing an enemy. She was frightened by the boy's expression on his face- anger and pain- but most of all, she was astonished with the boy's fierce red eyes and sharp fangs protruding from his mouth. She was even more terrified when she recognized the boy- it looked so much alike with Jimin- more like it was Jimin when he was young. She's afraid of him now that she only wants to get out of that place and wake up to reality, but she can't. It's getting hard for her to breath, seeing a little boy Jimin fighting for his life, but he is a vampire, he wouldn't die so easily. That's what she thought. And looking back, she remembered the time when she was hospitalized because someone attacked her. She's sure that that was a vampire too, having the same sharp fangs and red eyes that can seem to devour her anytime. How can Jimin be a monster? No! It can't be! I can't accept it! Rae screamed in her dream, then suddenly she was awaken by cold hands, shaking her shoulder and calling her name.
"Rae, what happened? Why are you screaming?" Rae heard V's deep voice and looked for it. He was kneeling beside her bed, looking at her with worried eyes as he spoke Rae's name. Rae rushed to hug him for comfort and safety as fear still lingered in her body, sobbing heavily as tears streamed down her cheeks. V hushed her by rubbing her back up and down tenderly until she has calmed down. She told V about what happened in her dream and how she is deeply affected by it. V could only hide his astonishment behind a curious and unbelieving expression on his face. He can't say anything until time says he should, or the situation calls for it.
"By the way V, how'd you get in here?" Rae asked confusedly.
"Uhmm I was jogging around this neighborhood when I happened to pass by your house and heard you screaming, you left your window wide open you know?" V answered, poking Rae on the forehead. It was now past 10:30 in the evening and Rae sent V home already, she said she's fine now and she'll make sure to lock her windows next time.

The next day, Rae decided to go on a walk at the park since it was a fine Saturday afternoon. She wanted to relax and have a time to think while enjoying the scenery at the park nearby. She sat on a swing and leaned her back on it, crossed her arms and let her mind float on the endless sea of her thoughts.
What was that dream about? Why is it Jimin when it could have been anybody else? He can't be... He just can't. I like him. I don't know since when but I just realized that I like him... a lot. When Jimin started ignoring me and when Nahyun kissed him, more so when we weren't hanging out anymore, truth came to me that he was special to me, and that I can't take it not being able to be with him. He can't be a monster, yes, none of them are monsters. That was just a bad dream. A nightmare. These are Rae's thoughts which are just about to be proven on the next days to come in her life.