MAH BABY - Bertholdt x Reader

It has come to my attention that Bertl has yet to get a happy ending in one of my one-shots. This cannot continue and is completely unacceptable. 

Therefore, enjoy happy, adorable, tall and awkward Bertholdt Fubar.

~~~

They were total opposites; not a single thing in common, not a single thing was rarely agreed on. 

He was tall, awkward, and quiet. She was short, out-going, and loud.

He hated attention from strangers and crowded places. She loved making people laugh.

He never called people out nor reprimanded someone for doing something wrong. She continuously stood up for him and yelled at people when she sensed bullshit.

They were totally different.

But they never fought. They accepted each other's different opinions and voices, and had easy going, decent discussions and debates about them; but they never got into a screaming match. 

Sure, he may have pissed her off a few times and made her ignore him for a few days or vice versa, but they always found their way back to each other. They respected and loved each other.

~~

"Oh Bertl!" She called in a sing-song voice, throwing the door to the boys' dorm open, allowing sunlight to pour through and startle many of the still sleeping males.

She ignored their protests and complaints as she walked towards the back of the room where Bertholdt was hidden under the covers, snoring softly and oblivious to the fact that he was about to get attacked.

When (F/N) made it to his bunk, she put her hands on her hips and smirked down at the curled up lump under the white sheets.

She clicked her tongue and slowly began removing her brown boots. "Now this is unacceptable."

"Get out!" Someone screamed from across the room. 

(F/N) scowled in his direction. "It's almost wake-up call, you could use the extra ten minutes to make yourself prettier." When the random cadet didn't respond, she nodded in satisfaction and turned back to her sleeping boyfriend. "As for you..."

She bent her knees and wiggled her butt, ready to pounce as she mentally counted down from five. On one, she jumped as high as she could and launched herself at Bertholdt. 

Except, just like every morning, he was already awake and waiting for her and caught her around the waist, twisting around enough to pin her below him.

"I thought I had you for sure this time!" (F/N) complained, frowning up at Bertholdt. A tiny smile appeared on his lips as he collapsed onto the bed beside her, pulling the sheet up over both of them. 

"How much time is left?" He mumbled as he snuggled up against her. (F/N) smiled at his actions and pulled his head against her chest protectively.

"About half an hour."

"Good," Bertholdt murmured, his voice getting sleepier as he drifted back to sleep. 

When his breathing leveled out and she was certain he had fallen back asleep again, (F/N) sighed and stopped stroking his hair. 

She knew what he was and she knew what he had done. She had been a victim of it, and nearly lost her entire family. She was barely able to escape to Wall Rose with her older brother and father. 

However, she couldn't help but care about Bertholdt, even after he told her the truth. She tried to be angry and she tried to hate him for it; but she couldn't bring herself to. Sure, she refused to even look in his direction for weeks, but for some reason she went right back to him after two months. She never understood why, and there wouldn't always be a part of her that would feel as though she couldn't trust him, but she loved him and she knew that he didn't want to do any of it. She wanted to help him and comfort him when he had his bad moments where he cried and needed to be held.