Unexpected - Modern AU! - Levi x Reader

(F/N) never thought much about her senior year of high school. All she wanted to do was get through it without any distractions or complications. 

Of course this would have been much easier if her father hadn't of decided to move her family to an entire new city the summer before twelfth grade. 

The journey from El Paso, Texas to Dallas, Texas was an uncomfortable one. Almost the entire drive to the complete opposite side of the state was silent. (F/N) was too angry and upset about the move to speak to her father or bratty older sister. 

On the first day of her last year of high school, as (F/N) climbed up the concrete stairs, one thought repeated itself through her head; 

"Why did mother have to leave?"

~~~

Her first class of the day was the least enjoyable. It was an honor student history class - a class she didn't belong in. Not because she didn't understand history; no, history was her best subject. She didn't belong because every kid inside knew each other. They all were laughing and joking with each other, seeming at ease and excited about this year. 

(F/N) sat in the very back of the class, slouched in her seat as low as she could to not draw attention to herself as she stared blankly at the whiteboard. 

She would have been perfectly fine there for the remainder of the period if someone hadn't of actually started speaking to her.

"Hey there! You must be the new student everyone's been going on about this morning!"

(F/N) dragged her eyes away from the board and to the girl standing in front of her desk with a wide smile and friendly brown eyes behind glasses.

"Name's Zoe! Or Hanji, whichever you prefer. Although it may be easier for you to call me Hanji, since that's how I'm known around here. If you called me by my first name in the hall you may confuse a few people," she rambled, her grin never faltering. She shoved a tanned hand into (F/N)'s face. "What's your name?"

This Hanji was giving (F/N) no room to reject her friendship. She sighed and placed her hand into Hanji's, giving it a single shake before wiggling it out of her death grip. 

"(F/N)," she mumbled. "People have been talking about me? Don't they have anything better to do?"

Hanji laughed. "Actually, no. This school is pretty small, so gossip isn't really a big thing around here. No secrets either. A new student is just as good as a murder here."

(F/N) gaped at her. Before she could respond, however, the bell rang. Hanji's lips formed a small 'o' and she gave (F/N) one final smile before scampering off towards the front of the class. She paused at another kid's desk, exchanging a few words with him before she dashed out of the room. 

She wasn't even in this class?

After she had left, (F/N) found herself staring at the other guy's back; the one Hanji had been speaking to before she ran out. He had some type of undercut going on with his black hair, and even from the back (F/N) could see just how in shape he was despite how small he seemed. 

As though he could sense her staring, the boy turned his head slightly with a glare glinting in his eyes. (F/N) blushed for being caught and cast her eyes downward. She thought she heard him scoff before he turned back around.

She peeked at him again and sighed. She could already tell this was going to be a long year.

~~~

By the time lunch had rolled around, (F/N) had managed to befriend a tall, blonde senior with bushy eyebrows that only seemed to add onto his attractive face and eyes. He was nice enough to escort her to her math class when she got lost and nice enough to let her sit with him and his friends at lunch.