Unexpected (Part 2) - Modern!AU - Levi x Reader

Request from MelFFlores!

Yes, this is a sequel one shot from 'Unexpected' (obviously you could tell from the title).

~

The following Monday after the party was a doozy. For most of the day, (F/N) walked around with barely open eyes and a foggy mind to match.

Even though she had spent Sunday sleeping (and the occasional making out with Levi, but that's beside the point), she felt incredibly exhausted and worn out. All she wanted to do was crawl back home and into her warm bed.

However, her state was nothing compared to the one a certain blonde was in.

Erwin was the first person her eyes landed on when she entered her math class, and almost immediately everything he had done on Saturday night came rushing back to her.

And, despite the fact that he had been drunk off his ass, Erwin seemed to remember every bit of it as well.

As soon as she stepped inside of the classroom, his blue eyes avoided her and he pretended to be interested in the book he was reading. Normally this wouldn't bother (F/N) because she knew Erwin liked to read and he did so frequently.

It was just that he was reading the math textbook.

And she knew he hated math as much as the next guy.

(F/N) slowly slid into her assigned desk behind him, a frown etched onto her face as she stared at his hunched shoulders. She had been hoping to speak to him today about Saturday's events, but with the signals he was sending her, she wasn't getting close enough to do so.

So she suffered; and boy was it a struggle in math.

Usually she would be able to tap Erwin on the shoulder and ask for help, which he would happily do so and she would understand it - but when she tried that day, he simply ignored her.

And it made her want to cry. Not because she couldn't get help with her work; no, she could just ask Levi for that, but because this was just like the situation with her mother all over again. The ignoring came first, then the pushing away, and then before she knew it he would be gone from her life for good and bragging about it whenever he could.

When the bell rang and she shoved all of her books into her bag, Erwin shot up and took off out of the room. (F/N) tried to chase him down and catch up to ask him what the hell his problem was, but by the time she skidded out the door, he had disappeared in the thick swarm of students.

She walked to her next class in a saddened state, eyes cast to the ground and arms tight around her marine biology textbook.

The first thing Levi noticed when she came into the room was the fact that her eyes were misted over. The second thing was the way she refused to look up at anyone when any other day she walked around with her head held high.

(F/N) was quiet as she set her textbook down on their conjoined desk and sat down on the stool.

When she had all the proper materials on her desk, she briefly glanced up at her boyfriend before staring at the black tabletop.

"Hi," she mumbled.

"What the hell happened?" Levi deadpanned. He didn't like seeing her this way.

"Nothing," she lied as she picked at invisible lint on her jacket sleeve. "Why would something be wrong?"

Irritation pumped through Levi when she still didn't look at him. His hand shot out and gripped hers gently, stopping her from picking at the nonexistent lint. He subconsciously laced his fingers through hers and rested their hands on his lap.