The Point of No Return (Part 5) - Apocalypse!AU - Armin x Reader

"(F/N), what did you do?" Armin breathed. 

A collective gasp of horror washed over everyone after her previous statement.

"I killed them. My mother. My father. Even little nine year old Jessica," she admitted, her voice laced with venom and self-hatred. "I killed them because I didn't want them to suffer. I killed them because when I got lost, they left me for dead. They didn't look for me. I was on my own for a month before I finally found you guys because you guys were looking for me too. At least someone was," she laughed bitterly. "But I forgave them. I forgave them, and then three years later, I found them again and ended them because I didn't want them to suffer."

"What the hell do you mean you didn't want them to suffer?" Eren spat.

"Poor baby Jessica wasn't even human. Poor baby Jessica had turned a year before, and poor mommy dearest had attachment issues. Daddy darling was missing a few limbs and mommy dearest was missing her mind. A few loose screws after spending so much time alone. If you get technical, I didn't kill them all. My sister and father were already gone. She just couldn't let them go," (F/N) said, her voice disgusted.

"I saved them."

"That's touching and all, but I honestly couldn't give less of a shit," Reiner yawned. 

"Oh believe me, you will when I'm through with you."

"Stop making threats and actually act on it," he told her, his voice bored.

(F/N) shrugged. "Fine." Without hesitation, she lowered the gun and pulled the trigger, her smile turning into a toothy grin when Reiner screamed at the new hole in his thigh.

"Now you know how I felt," she growled.

"(F/N), calm down," Armin touched her shoulder, voice wary and concerned. "You need to calm down."

She shook his hand off and glared at Reiner. "You beat me, you tried to get on my good side, you get Mikasa bitten, and you shoot me. I'm not going to kill you, Reiner. I'm going to let you suffer."

Bertholdt glared at her as he crouched beside his friend. "You're crazy."

"I thought you were good, Bertholdt," (F/N) whispered. "I thought you were my friend and that I could trust you. You shot that stiff on purpose. You led them back to the cabin on purpose. This was all a part of your plan."

"And you're not wrong," he said quietly, averting his gaze with a sad look on his face. "But that still doesn't mean I wanted this all to happen. I told you before, (F/N). I never wanted any of this. I wanted to be your friend."

"I was your friend. I was willing to continue being your friend until the stunt you pulled back in the RV."

Bertholdt said nothing, opting for instead to place Reiner's head on his lap and stare. 

(F/N) tried to push away the sympathy she felt for him. He hadn't been telling the entire truth about something, and for some reason, she believed that he was a victim as well. She didn't know why or how. She just knew.

"Bertholdt, what happened to Annie?"

"I told you already," he murmured. He refused to meet her eyes, but (F/N) didn't miss the way his back seemed to straighten and then stiffen. "the same thing that happens to everyone else."

"You're lying," she whispered. At this point, she had completely forgotten about everyone else in the room; right now, it was just her and Bertholdt. 

It probably would have stayed that way too, if it weren't for the loud gunshot followed by a short gasp and a thud.

(F/N) whirled around just in time to watch as Marco crumbled to the ground, Jean yelling and shooting forward to catch him.