Something There - Beast!Reiner x Beauty!Reader

Request from AllthatSour! I'm sorry this took a million years, and I hope this is what you were looking for.

~

"Ugh, Bertl, she's so gorgeous. She's going to be my wife someday."

Bertholdt frowned as he looked down at his buffer best friend. 

"I thought you wanted to marry Christa?" He asked, voice low and shy. 

Reiner turned around abruptly, startling Bertholdt and making the taller male jump back. The disturbingly happy - yet creepy - grin on the blondes face made him shudder.

"Nah, I don't feel like getting my throat slit by Ymir. It's okay though - (F/N) is even prettier. I mean; just look at her, Bertl!" Reiner gestured wildly towards the (H/C) haired girl as she walked across the training yard.

"Well, why don't you just go talk to her then?" Bertholdt suggested. 

Reiner visibly stiffened, much to Bertholdt's confusion. It wasn't like him to suddenly seem nervous and his immediate reaction to freeze up like that.

However, Reiner hadn't frozen for the reason Bertholdt was thinking. Reiner wasn't nervous; not in the slightest - but if Bertl knew the truth, he would absolutely slaughter him.

One Week Earlier -

"Hey (F/N)! How are you?!" Reiner called after his newest crush, running to catch up with her as she exited the dining hall one morning after breakfast.

He had never spoken to her, but today he decided was the day he was going to start.

When he caught up with the female, he expected her to turn around with a confused smile to the fact that he was randomly speaking to her after a year and a half of training and never even looking in each others direction. 

What he didn't expect, was for her to turn to him with a cold, scary glare and scowl upon seeing who he was.

"Don't speak to me," she hissed, smacking Reiner's hand away from her arm where he had grasped to fully get her attention.

His face blanked. "Excuse me?" He asked in surprise. Had he done something wrong already?

"Don't play stupid with me," she growled, her voice filled with disgust. "I know what the hell you are, and I know what you've done, and for that, I don't want the scum of this Earth talking to me."

Reiner was speechless. How did she know? Why wasn't she panicking as much as he would expect someone who knew to? Most of all, why hadn't she turned him in?

"Fucking traitor," she muttered before turning on her heel and continuing on her way out towards the training fields, leaving Reiner there with a shocked expression and nervous sweat down the back of his neck to match.

-

"Reiner? Are you alright?" Bertholdt waved a hand frantically in front of his friends face in an attempt to bring him back to the present.

Finally, after a few long moments, Reiner blinked, shook the memory off, and grinned widely once again.

"You know what? I'm going to go talk to her again," he stated, marching with a newfound determination to make this girl love him before he ruined everything for humanity once again.

-

"I thought I told you to stay the hell away from me?" (F/N) yelled, turning the corner in the hall and walking away from the blonde as quickly as she could.