I Dare You - Mikasa x Reader

"Stop watching her from afar like some kind of lost puppy and actually talk to her for once."

"Stop that," she mumbled, her eyes finding the dirt below as she sparred off with Eren. "Jean would punch me in the face."

Eren snorted and paused from the circling he had been doing. 

"Who cares about Jean. I'm sick of standing around and watching you torture yourself like this."

(F/N) scowled up at the turquoise eyed boy. "Shouldn't you be playing the protective brother instead of encouraging this? The whole 'touch her, you die' thing?"

He only laughed and put a hand on his hip. "Technically I'm not even her brother. And I'd only do that if it were Jean."

"Why?"

"Because he's stupid and ugly."

~~~

She sighed as she pushed around the nasty looking soup with her spoon, her hand supporting her head as she stared down at the wooden table with eyes that wouldn't stay open. 

"Why don't you just talk to her?" Armin asked as he sat down beside her. 

(F/N) sighed a second time and looked over at him. "It's not that easy, Armin."

"But it isn't that hard either," he pointed out, smiling a little.

"Then why don't you go talk to Annie?" 

Armin fell silent after that, his cheeks turning a shade of pink as he found an excuse to get up and leave. She felt bad for embarrassing him like that, but she was sick of being pressured to do something she clearly wasn't ready to do.

Still, she knew it would be the wise and good thing to apologize for snapping at Armin. She pushed her bowl towards Sasha, who had been hungrily eyeing it since she noticed that (F/N) wasn't eating it, and followed after the blonde teenager. She knew he was most likely in the boys dormitory with his nose buried in a book to hide his embarrassment.

When she got to the building, she pushed open the wooden door and frowned when she found that a lot more people were in here with Armin. They all seemed to be playing some silly game, rolling a pair of dice and snorting with obnoxious laughter whenever it landed on a specific number.

"Armin?" (F/N) finally called out, stepping into the light. She cringed when the group fell silent and looked at her. She hated attention. 

Reiner was the first to break into a large smile. "(F/N)! How nice of you to join us!"

She blushed and looked down at the ground. "I'm not here to join you, I was just looking for Armin," she mumbled. She rubbed her arm nervously and she blamed the fact that her and Reiner had a past together during the first year of training. It didn't end so well, but she assumed with they way he was acting now that he had forgotten about the whole issue.

Armin looked up at the sound of his name and smiled. "Hi, (F/N)." He scoot over and patted the spot on the floor next to him.

She was hesitant at first, but finally gave in and walked over to him. 

Careful not to give any of the idiots in the room a view up her dark grey, knee length skirt, she sat down on her knees and folded her hands in her lap. 

She looked over at Armin and offered a weak smile. 

"I wanted to say sorry for snapping at you a few minutes ago. It wasn't very polite," she said. 

Armin's smile widened and he nodded. He leaned over and gave her a tight, one-armed hug. 

"It's okay, (F/N). I knew it was a touchy subject and yet I still brought it up, and I'm sorry for that."