Author's Note

Hello everyone! How are you?

I feel like I left you guys pretty abruptly after I finished the story. No author's note, no deep explanation, and I'm starting to realize that that's not like me. So I wanted to say a few things.

I started writing this story in late June of 2019. I was a very different person back then, and I'm sure you can tell based off how my writing has progressed throughout that I've matured a lot since I began.

I never expected for this story to get as much attention as it did. I realized that I had a borderline unhealthy obsession with Alec Benjamin and I was very fascinated by the song "must have been the wind" so I decided to write a story about it to cope. Turns out I was correct in assuming that it was about an abusive relationship because Alec came forward and said it was about one of his friends.

As far as a plot line goes I thought this story was mediocre at best, and my writing was much more sarcastic than I had let it be in the past (I wasn't sure how people would respond to that, but in retrospect I think it was mainly a positive reaction.)

I want any and all of you to know that I appreciate every ounce of support and attention this book has gotten, and that I don't plan to stop writing any time soon. 

I am in fact working on something right now, although it's not a fan fiction. It's called "A Flower in a Field." I plan to have the book written by the end of the summer, and then try to get it published with a publishing company of some kind.

If you guys are interested to know what it's about I could put some of it on here as well. Maybe just the first couple chapters or so.

The story itself is something that I actually went through, so it'd be considered realistic fiction, and is told from two perspectives throughout. It deals with a lot of serious issues, and I want to work hard to make it original and interesting to read.

It's also gay. So if you're gay. I think you'd be biased to like it :).

I just wanted to thank you for all of your support because without it, I don't think I would've ever tried to pursue any professional writing.

You've opened my eyes to the possibility that people may actually be interested in what I have to say. And while I do have to give some credit to Mr. Benjamin for luring you in, you've all made me so proud of myself and I never would've gotten here without you.

- Erin 💕