• t h i r t y - e i g h t •

AN: heyyyy guys sorry I'm late again 😬. I had an AP test this week and that was very stressful. Also this chapter's pretty long and I had to think it through quite a bit.

But I'm sOrry I know you guys are gonna roast me and I deserve it lol but yeah. That's why.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7UP

(Y/N's POV)

"(y/n)! We need to leave in 5 minutes or you're gonna be late!"

I shoved my phone in my bag and ran to the door.

"I'm ready now." Alec looked me up and down skeptically.

I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"You look cozy." He said sarcastically, referring to my sweatpants and his Water Fountain hoodie that I stole from him. "Nice sweatshirt." He commented, a smile forming on his face.

"My dress for the performance is at the studio. I left it there after rehearsal." I said as I began walking down the hall.

He pointed upwards to signify his understanding. "Ah." He closed the door and followed closely behind me.

"You don't think I'd actually go on stage as the Saturday Night Live musical guest looking like this, did you?" I commented, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Well...Billie Eilish does it." He shrugged.

"Billie Eilish is a teenager who doesn't wanna be sexualized." I shot back.

His jaw dropped. "That's why she does that?"

I nodded. He furrowed his eyebrows angrily.

"I hate the world." He stated.

"F*ck the patriarchy." I shrugged.

"F*ck the patriarchy." He replied.

The elevator finally arrived, and we stepped in. "So," he began. "When are you gonna release the song names? When the album comes out? Or before?"

I opened my phone and pulled up to the page in my notes.

(AN: the actual singer/artist of the song is bolded next to the song name.)

white roses (Greyson Chance)
Cars and Boys (Avonlea)
Real Thing (Ruel)
7UP (Boy In Space)
Lost (Blake Rose)
Take Yourself Home (Troye Sivan)
Mirage (Elina)
You should be sad (Halsey)
Glitter in the Air (P!nk)
Drown (Boy In Space)
Either You Love Me or You Don't (Plested)
Moral of the Story (Ashe)

(AN: yo why do only 3 of them use their actual full name?)

"I think I'll probably release it in a couple days. My album comes out in less than two weeks now." I smiled. "I'm excited."

He smiled back, taking my hands in his and kissing me gently. "Me too."
*                *                *                *                    *

"Can you zip me?" I moved my messy-curled hair out of the way as Alec zipped up my dress. I looked in the mirror at it, feeling unsure. It was aquamarine, and made of tule. The dress went down to my ankles and shaggy layers and ruffles adorned the dress all the way down.