• n i n e t e e n •

How could I be so stupid?

(Y/N's POV, a week later)

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, the sun peering through the hotel's blinds just enough to hit my face.

We were now in Seattle, a place I've never been. (AN: lol shout out to everyone from there lmao)

Alec said he'd show me around today.

I hit the snooze, just slightly noticing the white notification on my phone. I squinted, confused, as to what notification that would be.

It was a reminder.

You've got this: Set on August 17th, 2019.

I raised an eyebrow. Ok..?

I rolled over and went back to sleep, hearing my phone ding a couple minutes later.

Reminder: You can do this. I know it's scary but you're gonna be great.

I opened my phone to my reminders. K, what the f-

I read the next three.

Reminder: You've been preparing your whole life for this.

Reminder: Even if you don't get in, it'll be great experience.

Reminder: it's just an audition. You've done plenty of those before.

I jumped out of bed in pure adrenaline, finally remembering what this was for.

"No no no no no nO." I said, frantically going to my calendar.

Alec began to stir in the bed across the room.

"...wha? (y/n) what's up?" He asked groggily rubbing his eyes.

"No no no no no! Tell me today's not the fourth! Tell me it isn't!"

He got out of bed, checking the lock screen on his phone.

"Um. It is..."

I covered my mouth with my hand, took my hand off my mouth, took a deep breath, let it out quickly, and began packing up my things.

All the while muttering to myself.

"This is the biggest day of your life...how could you forget...how could you be so stupid- how am I so stupid?!"

Alec walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders to force me to look at him. I shrugged him off and continued to pack.

"(y/n). (y/n), (y/n)!"

I didn't realize that I was crying until he wiped a tear away.

"What the hell is going on?"

I gulped. Bit my lip. His hands were on my shoulders, holding them really tight it almost hurt. I didn't realize how strong he was.

"I-"

I took a second to gather my breathing, which had ragged from the panic.

"My NYU audition's today. It's in 6 hours and I'm on the other side of the goddamn country."

I shook my head, let out a little sob.

"How could I be so stupid?" I put my head in my hands. Alec's grip on my shoulders loosened.

"Hey. Hey, (y/n)." He pulled me into a hug.

"I can't believe I'm gonna miss my audition."

Then his hands were on my shoulders again, forcing me to look at him.