Vol 2. No Longer Strangers. #5

Minutes pass, or maybe it's been an hour already, but both Gajeel and Amy haven't spoken a single word since they sat down.
"Gaj-eel..?" She softly asks.
"What is it?" He asks with a grumpy undertone.
"Do you ehm.. really want to know why.. why I drew you?" Amy suddenly asks. Her question seems to scare him a little.
"Well, it's not like I'm dying to know or anything.." His voice is trembling as he scratches the back of his head. He wonders what she's thinking right now.
'Is she going to tell me?' He looks at her. She looks scared, she also seems to avoid any eye contact..
'What's her deal? Why do I even care?' She picks up her book and unlocks the seal Levy attached to it.
'Huh? Is she a letter mage?' Gajeel realises he really knows nothing about this girl.
"Wait.." Gajeel stops her. She looks confused.
'Did he change his mind?' She waits with opening her book.
"You shouldn't if you don't want to." Amy is speechless. His expression changes to something more genuine. He smiles politely to her. Amy smiles back.

"I think.. I think it's time for me to ehm.. to go home.." Amy takes her book off the bar and gets up from her chair.
"Yeah, I should get going too." Gajeel replies. Amy tries to step aside from the bar but loses her balance. She trips over her own feet and within less than a second Amy prepared herself to hit the floor.. But she gets pulled back! She lands in Gajeel his arms instead. Her nose slightly touches his chest, his arms are wrapped around her upper body. She can hear his heartbeat race. Both realise the situation became really awkward and they quickly step back from each other. In the corner of her eye, she finds her sketchbook on the floor. She must have dropped it. As she turns her head she's getting even more nervous.
'Why did it have to land on his page?!' She rushed to pick up her book, but hesitates. Normally she would have run off but she suppresses the urge to do so.
"D-Do you want to see it?" She asks him instead. He sure is taking his time to answer her question. But when she turns around, back to Gajeel, he's only smiling.
"Nah, I'm fine. I'm not that hard to draw." He must have answered just right because her smile seems so genuine and loving.

"Thanks Gajeel."

~ Gajeels POV ~

'Damn, what is wrong with me? I don't even know this girl!' I can't seem to figure out why I am so into her. This is the first time we ever really spoke to each other and I would not be surprised if she will be going on jobs again soon.. Meaning I won't be seeing her for another few months..

My thoughts are going wild as I am walking through Magnolia in the middle of the night. Amy should be home and asleep by now, I guess. As I arrive at my place, I can see that Pantherlily left a light on for me. I feel like I missed my chance with this girl. There is no certainty when I'll see her again. I am so conflicted right now.. It feels like I've bonded a little with Levy already, even though it's still quite recent that I attacked her and those two guys that always hang around her.. And the rest of the guild..
But Amy.. She's so damn cute.. It's driving me crazy! Maybe it's the way that she is always gone on jobs that makes me want to know her even more!

I undress myself and sit down on my bed.
"Argh.. Why does it have to happen to me?!" I let myself fall flat on the bed. Amy keeps running through my head. Her hair is absolutely wonderful and her eyes are just.. It's like looking right into a pure gemstone. And then when she touched my hand tonight, I felt so nervous! And just now when she almost fell.. When I realised what happened, I already held her in my arms!
Just remembering those brief moments make my heart race. And the fact that she drew me.. That has so mean something! Right?