Vol 4. A Night to Remember. #1

Minutes seem to crawl and Gajeel feels drained.
"How am I supposed to help you if you're unreachable.." His head hangs down in his arms. "At least say something.. Please.. I can't bare this silence anymore.."
"Gaj.. -eel.." a whispering, broken voice speaks quietly and he feels her hand squeezing his softly. He rapidly raises his head and breathes out with relieve. Gajeel gently grabs her face and places his forehead against hers, he smiles.
"You really scared me like crazy!" Amy's tiny smile disappears.
"I'm sorry.." Gajeel stays quiet. He has no idea what to say anyway. Amy's expression changes. She studies the room..
"This.. This isn't my room.." She pauses and turns to Gajeel. "Where am I?"

Gajeel explained what happened, where he brought her and why. He also explained how he never left until she woke up. Amy is speechless, blushing like crazy too. Little do they know that they are also still holding hands.

"Can I stay until the storm ends?" Amy asks suddenly. A grin appears on Gajeels face.
"I have a better idea."
"Eh?" She is clueless of what he has in mind.
"I'll be right back." He said and he rushed upstairs. All kinds of scenarios are flashing through her head. She blushes heavily and can't seem to catch a breath. His grin..
'Why is his grin so breath taking?!'
She hears the basement door crack, followed by footsteps down the stairs. She tries her best to shake it off and sit still like nothing happened. He brought down a cup of tea, a blanket and a spare shirt. As he puts down the tea, he hands his shirt over.
"You re not going anywhere tonight." Gajeel speaks. Amy can't help but hear a certain undertone.

~ Amy's POV ~

Gajeel had turned around to give me a little privacy as she changed clothes.
'What are you up to..?' I can't help but think that he might be up so something. After changing, I also wrapped the blanket around me and I sat back down on the bed.
"Okay, I'm done." I said, but he isn't turning around. "Gajeel..?" I call him but he seems distracted. I decided to step up to him and pat him on the shoulder.
"Gajeel." I call a little louder while touching his shoulder. He seems to wake up from a daydream or something.
"Huh?" He asks as he turns.
"I said: I'm done. I changed clothes.. See?" Without thinking I opened the blanket to prove it. He looks at me, studying me.. He smiles gently.
"It looks good on you." He compliments me.

~ Gajeels POV ~

'Why?! Why is she showing me that she changed clothes. I can barely keep it together. Just think of something else, you idiot!'
"It looks good on you." I say with a straight face.
'Fuck, why did I came up with this idea?!'
"Really..?" She asks me.
"Yeah, much better than it looks on me though." She smiles at the floor. Did I embarrass her? What was I supposed to say?
"Thanks." She says softly, continuing smiling at the ground. I don't know what else to do but to give her a gentle pat on her head.
"You're silly sometimes, you know?" I say with a grin.

She sits down on the bed. I follow her lead and I lean back. It's a one person bed so as I lean back I touch the wall easily.
"Can I ask you why you're so afraid of thunder?" I ask her carefully.
"Yes, you can.." She replies, but she stays silent.
"Do you want to tell it?" But she shakes her head.
"No.. Not tonight.."
"That's okay. You shouldn't if you don't want to."
"Can I ask you something?" She suddenly asks back.
"S-sure, what is it?" She takes a second to ask her question.

"What are we..?"