Vol 5. New Challenges Ahead. #5

Amy quietly walks into the guild. There are still a few people here, including Cana, Bixlow, Evergreen, Freed, Mirajane, Elfman, Lisanna and a few more. Amy instantly walks up to Mira, quietly asking where she can find Makarov. As expected, Makarov could be found in his room in the back of the guild.
Amy knocks nervously on the door. She wouldn't dare to just walk in uninvited, for all she knew Makarov could be busy at the moment.
Amy patiently waits at the door, but he isn't answering. She knocks again whilst feeling her nervousness grow. Still no answer. Amy sighs. She turns around with the intention of leaving, yet something tells her to just walk in and announce herself.

It's almost as if her feet are nailed to the floor, stuck in an anxious flow caused by her own thoughts. A few moments have already passed. Suddenly the door opens behind her.
"My dear, guild members are always welcome to enter after the first knock. Besides, I was expecting you." Makarov spoke calmly. It's like he pulled out the nails that, figuratively, restrained her.

Amy sat down on one of the chairs while Makarov sat down on his desk. Before Amy could say anything, Makarov begins to talk.
"So, who gave you those difficult spells to decipher without telling you how to do it?" Amy is shocked to hear that Makarov knows why she came to him.
"Well.. You see, ehm.. He's an old friend.. from Illa.." She couldn't finish her explanation.
"Ah, yes. He also used to be one of your teachers, right? Now what was his name again..."
"M-Moby, sir.."
"Right, Moby! Quite the extraordinary fellow, a good guy once you get to know him." Amy feels her anxiety coming back.
'Did he just.. How could he know?! I never told him anything.. Wait! Does he know that I'm..' Amy avoids eye contact with the guild master.
"Don't be scared Amy. Your secrets are safe with me."

After a little while, Amy explained how she got the spells exactly and what she had planned to gain progress in deciphering the spells. Makarov listened carefully and analyzes the issue. At the end of Amy's story telling, Makarov requests to see the spells.
"I suggest that I will give you a permission slip to bring to the library of Era. One of their staff members will accompany you during your time in the restricted section and if needed, they will also assist you. Make sure you tell no one about these spells, don't even mention visiting Era's library and most importantly: be aware of your surroundings.."
Makarov ends his sentence with a noun Amy hasn't heard in many years.

Later that night at about 11.45, Amy decided to call it a day. As she stepped out of the guild she never expected to walk in to someone.
"Gajeel!"
"A-Amy!"
"I-I was just heading h-home.. I ehm.. had a long d-day." Amy stutters. She looks down to hide her blushing.
"I haven't seen you all day. Where were you?!" Gajeel begins to sound genuinely worried.
"Huh..?" Amy responded to him, lifting her head a little.
"I-I.." Now he begins to stutter as well.
He becomes too scared to admit his worries to her. The silence is almost deafening. Amy steps towards him.
"Walk me home.. Please?" Without any hesitation he accepts her request.

Gajeel can't seem to stop himself from staring at her while she walks a little ahead of him. All he sees is the back of her head, her cloak and her boots. It might not be the most impressive view, but as long as it is her, who he can look at, he won't complain about a single thing.