Vol 6. Let The Tutoring Begin. #2

Even an attempt to have Amy talk to the master didn't work. Erza was soon assigned to bring her back to the dormitory where she can be alone. This time, only Erza will be taking Amy back.
But as soon as she made sure Amy had gotten into her room, Amy already decided that she had to get out of the building.
She never got to close the door to that memory again and now those voices are echoing around her.

With a frowning face and his hands tucked in his pockets, Gajeel stood at the foot of the hill. He worries himself about Amy's condition.
Only moments ago, when she was escorted into the guild, he noticed how she was staring into nothingness. It seemed as if she saw her nightmares come to reality. She carried a tremendous amount of fear with her.
It didn't even get through to her that Erza bounced Levy away, or how Natsu and Gray were close to shouting to each other. Gajeel is looking at the ground, thinking of what he could possibly do..

Soon he noticed movement from up on the hill. The door opened and closed but no one is to be seen.
Like an epiphany he quickly realizes that Amy is sneaking out! Her scent is being carried by the wind, which only confirms it.

Quietly and carefully he tries to follow her scent. If he gets too close, she will see him following her. Each time her scent becomes less strong, he moves closer towards her.
After a while of pursuit, Gajeel got near enough to see her reveal herself. She then takes off her boots, cloak and what seems so be a necklace.
In the middle of the forest, at the edge of the lake, Gajeel is patiently waiting.

After what feels like hours of waiting, Amy suddenly runs into the lake. It scares the living crap out of Gajeel but he can't act right away. What if she knows exactly what she's doing? Or what if it's the wrong kind of thing?
Amy then dives down, and not in the normal way. It looks like she's going to drown!
Gajeel isn't waiting any longer and goes after her.

Just as he dives in, he feels a strange kind of energy. Amy was never in danger of drowning, she triggered a new ability! She is completely surrounded by a shield shaped like a giant orb. Gajeel swims towards her and places his hands on the outer layer of her shield.
At that same moment Amy makes eye contact with him.

It felt like minutes passed, but within a second Amy allows him to come into her orb of protection. She pulls him in by grabbing his hands. Both are floating inside the orb. Gajeel doesn't say a word, the look in his eyes says enough. But Amy's mind is completely blank.. Even her eyes look hazy, there is no expression whatsoever.
Gajeel soon realizes they can't stay like this.. Amy needs help. He pulls her in, presses her against his chest before bursting the orb from the inside.

Gajeel brought Amy back to his house as soon as they made it out of the lake. She has passed out and she really needs to rest. Plus, they're both soaked..
He lit his fireplace and put her in the chair close to the fireplace to dry and get warm.

While Amy could come to at her own pace, Gajeel decided it's time to change some things.
With the help of Panther Lily he was able to create a place for Amy in his spare room. They worked the whole evening, making space and moving stuff around.
It might not be much but there's a bed and a nightstand.. He even put an old chair of his in the room so she can sit by the window and read or something like that.

After changing clothes and making the spare bed he picks up Amy from the chair and sits down on the bed with her.
'Stupid girl. How was it a good idea to leave your room and dive in the lake..'
Gajeel gently rocks her back and forth. Lily joins them after putting a blanket over the two mages.
"Sweet dreams you two." Lily says before closing his eyes. It's just past midnight.
"Sweet dreams.." Gajeel replies. He tightens his embrace on Amy, digging his face in her hair.
"Gaj-jeel.." Amy quietly moans.
"I'm here Amy. I will always be here."