Vol 2. No Longer Strangers. #8

In the meantime in Magnolia: Amy has left for Mt. Phoenix at Mountain Village to aid Gajeel. She has seen the request before and she sure wanted to take it herself but never had the chance to plan anything with multiple jobs in that area. By now, Amy should be around the corner of Mountain Village. Without any plan whatsoever she decided to head out. She can remember the details perfectly and knows exactly where to look for these beasts. Thanks to Erza's vehicle Amy managed to get to the mountain in no-time. Amy races towards the cave entrance and stops the car in front of it. She starts running into the mountain and as she does, she activates her moon dust to avoid any unwanted battle.

Amy runs as fast as she can. But using her moon dust whilst running might cause some sort of disadvantage later on.. But she has to hurry, she can hear him shouting. She can hear the roaring of the beast. Things are slammed into the walls of the cave. Amy strongly hopes she gets there in time..

"Oi, he's not letting us win now, is he?!" Gajeel's shouting can be heard through the entire cave. "How is this one so strong?!" Even Pantherlily is getting exhausted. He can't hold his transformation any longer. The beast waves his tail around the cave, striking both Gajeel and Pantherlily. They get smacked against the wall. Pantherlily transforms back to his smaller self, he's totally drained. "Tsk.. why did I go alone.. I could really use some help.. Or else I'll be.." "Your help has arrived!" Gajeel is both shocked and surprised to see Amy running into the cave. "Gajeel! Lily! Cover your eyes!" Amy jumps into the air and takes a deep breath. Gajeel and Pantherlily don't even hesitate, they cover their eyes.

"Hoshi no hikari!" Amy summons the light of the stars, temporarily blinding the giant beast. It roars in pain and starts to scratch its face with frustration. Amy lands in front of Gajeel. "You okay Gajeel?" She looks at him over her shoulder. His expression is priceless. 'Where did she come from? How did she find me?' Gajeel tries to get up en grins. "Tsk, I didn't think you could be a badass, Amy!" "No time for insults Gajeel, you have to keep fighting!" She's frowning at him now. But she smiles as soon as Gajeel is back on his feet. "Let's fight together, Gajeel." 'H-How cute!' Her smile and courage gives him new strength. He wipes some blood of his lips. "Yeah, little mystery girl, let's beat the crap out of him!"

"Tsuki no chiri - Bakuhatsu!" Amy activates her explosive moon dust, damaging the beast in multiple places at once. Gajeel uses his iron scales to protect himself from the explosions and starts pounding the beast with all of his remaining strength. The beast is roaring and waving its arms and tail around. Gajeel lands next to Amy. "What now?!" He grunts. "This is where you gather all your strength! I'll distract him and on my mark, you unleash your powers, okay?" Without waiting for Gajeel to respond, she jumps in the air. She uses her moon dust on the beast again and lands on the back of the beast. She feels pumped! She has to weaken it soon so Gajeel can finish it off.

Gajeel is speechless. He had no idea she was this strong. She blinded the beast, damaged it twice with this dust like attack that explodes when it hits the target. He has no choice but to focus himself on the Dragon Slayer core of his magic. While she is busy weakening the beast, Gajeel looks at Pantherlily. He's of no use now, he's exhausted. For his own sake, and that of Pantherlily and Amy, he has to finish the beast as soon as Amy tells him to. "Hehe, now that is a teammate!" He grins. He gets up from the ground and a powerful glow appears around him.

Amy is ready to hit her final blow, she yells. "Harē suisei no sutoraiki!" Translated to Halley's comet strikes. A spell circle appears above the beast and comets start striking down on it. The beast is starting to get even more irritated and aggressive by Amy and manages to smack her down. Amy hits the ground with speed and yells for Gajeel to finish the job. "You got it!" Gajeel's grin grows as he runs towards the beast and jumps into the air, unleashing his Roar of the Iron Dragon and striking the beast critically. To make sure he will defeat it now, Gajeel strikes it again with his Iron Fists, followed by Iron Clubs emerging throughout the entire cave. He proceeds with an Iron Kick in the head of the beast which allows Gajeel to gain momentum and jump back to the ground, followed swiftly by his final blow: a second Roar of the Iron Dragon..