Vol 5. New Challenges Ahead. #1

~ Year x784, November 23rd. ~

The next morning Amy woke up, feeling extremely tired and anxious. The sun had barely risen but Amy couldn't sleep any further. She turned over to Gajeel's side of the bed, but it's empty. She feels her heart ache again as she thinks about last night and how she wishes things didn't go the way they did.
Just as she is thinking about leaving, she hears talking from the other side of the door.
"Gajeel, I think it's best if you let her sleep a little longer.." Lily speaks.
"I just need to know if she's OK.. I hate how things went last night.." Gajeel responds to Lily and only seconds after that Amy hears the doorknob turn.
She quickly closes her eyes, hoping he would leave if he saw that she was still asleep. But he doesn't, instead he sits down at the bed and waits.

"I don't know why, but I am not convinced that you are still asleep.." He stated.
'Fuck..' Amy thinks and she opens her eyes.
"I am absolutely miserable at opening up to people too, yet somehow I feel comfortable with you.." He explains. He turns his head a little to peak over his shoulder. Amy isn't looking at him, but at least she's awake.
"I just want to know you better so we can grow. I want you to trust me, like I trust you."
"It's really complicated Gajeel.. I'm.. just not ready.." Amy quietly explained whist hiding her head in his shirt.
"I still want you to have my key.. And if you'd like, you can have that shirt too. I don't wear it anymore and it looks good on you." He had turned himself a little more towards Amy. He smiles gently at her. Amy pats on the bed.
"Lay down with me for a bit, please.."
"You barely slept, didn't you?"
Amy nods.

After Gajeel layed down, facing Amy, she smiled a little before closing her eyes. Having him near really eases her mind, it's like she will be protected from any kind of harm. She still feels the heart ache, but it's already less heavy than earlier.
After giving in to her tiredness she was fast asleep before she could realize it.

Gajeel noticed how fast she slept after he layed down next to her. He runs his hand through her hair, her long, wavy, beautiful purple hair.
"Is she okay?" Lily asks quietly.
"I think she is.. She is sleeping now."
"Good. Are you staying here with her?"
"Yeah." Gajeel nods.
"Until she wakes up, then I'll walk her home like I promised."
"I'll leave you two then. I'll be in the living room." Lily says as he walks back out.

Gajeel decides to rest a little more too, but before he does, he moves more towards Amy. Just enough to hold her without pressing himself against her.
'She really is quite something.. Should I take a step back and let her sort it all out on her own? Or will she disappear on jobs again?'
Gajeel's thoughts are going everywhere. He cannot help it but to stare at her. He really does not want to take his eyes off of her.

Slowly but certainly he falls asleep as well. His thoughts still cling to Amy. On the other side of the bedroom door, Lily had chosen to follow their example and sleep in a little. The exceed closed all curtains again to darken the room before tucking himself into his blanket and occupy the couch.