Vol 3. Promises. #9

It has been two whole days that Levy and Amy have been training together. Amy decided to take a break from training Levy. She still feels a little weak, but it could have been worse. She had planned to go to Lake Sciliora to relax a little, bringing her sketchbook with her, just in case. You'll never know what a bright day like today would bring. Amy leaves her room and walks out of the building. 
For a moment, her day could not get any better. The sun is shining bright and there is a gentle breeze. For the first time she feels like she could just let go of the past. If only that were true..

As she arrives she sits down under a giant oak tree where she has a great view of the lake. She even brought her finest charcoal and began to draw the marvellous sight of the lake. Every now and then, a critter would pass by her. Birds landed closely to Amy as she never moved, besides her hands.

After hours of enjoying the warmth and the view, the sky is getting clouded and Amy gets a little sad.
"Looks like it's the end of a beautiful day.." Amy packs her things and leaves. She walks towards the guild, hoping to finish her drawing there.
As she's halfway there, some more dark clouds pass over. Amy's beginning to feel nervous and she picks up the pace whilst covering her head with the hood of her cloak and closing a few more buttons to keep her stuff dry, in case it would start raining.

She made it to the guild but it's getting even darker outside.. The guild is less crowded than usual. The first thing she noticed is the request board being empty! That rarely happens! She shakes off the feeling bad weather and asks Mirajane about it. According to her, Levy, Jett and Droy are out on a job. Erza took Natsu, Happy, Gray and Lucy for a last minute training. Gajeel and Pantherlily took two easy jobs this morning. Even Evergreen, Freed and Bickslow went out together. That being said, they sure show how bad they miss Laxus in their team.. Laxus being expelled and all..

'Maybe I should have headed home after all..' Amy doesn't want to leave the building yet due to the seriously dark clouds.. She sits down at the bar and continues drawing. For a moment everything seemed fine again. Until..
"Looks like thunder is coming." Makarov is sitting on the bar, drinking his booze.
"Eh?!" Amy responds.. "When?" She asks him with a trembling voice.
"Hmm..." Makarov opens his eyes. "About two hours, I guess."
"You should stay here Amy. You can take the infirmary or the basement. But you shouldn't head out now." Makarov tells her. But for some reason Amy had made up her mind. Amy takes a deep breath.
'It's only a 15 minute walk..'

Amy managed to gather all her courage and walks out. As she's about half way it starts to rain a little. She covers her head with the hood of her cloak and increases her pace.
Just as she got to the foot of the hill she hears heavy rumbling from above. She makes a run for the last 200 meters, she couldn't risk getting struck now that she's all out in the open. Amy even throws the door shut behind her and seconds after she did, the first lightning bolts shoot through the sky. She stays frozen for a brief moment, leaning against the front door.
'I'm save, I'm okay..' She repeats the mantra in her head while she heads up to her room. She checks her little mailbox hanging on her door, nothing..
She placed her book on her desk and hides in her little bathroom, where no lightning can frighten her and she waits for the storm to be over.