Vol 4. A Night To Remember. #10

Gajeel suggested they take a 'shortcut' through the forest. Amy accepted his suggestion. They haven't spoken much but they simultaneously walked to the small lake within the forest. They sat down underneath one of the surrounding trees.
"Can I ask why you teared up earlier?"
"You can.." Amy waits a little before truly answering him.
"I miss my mom.." She explains shortly.
"Can't you visit her then?" Gajeel asks, but regrets asking as Amy drops her head and shakes no.
"What happened?" His voices trembles a little, genuinely worried why Amy can't go see her mother.
"She passed away when I was almost turning 6.. After my baby sister was born.." She answered honestly, while holding back tears.
"Oh fuck.." Gajeel whispers.
"She taught me my first spell.. My favorite spell.." Gajeel patiently waits for her to continue. She turns to Gajeel, grabs his hand and flicks her fingertips.

"My invisibility isn't just a spell to hide.. It's my dearest memory of my mom.." Gajeel is mesmerized by the cloak of dust. It's almost as if it's glittering from the inside. There are multiple colors creating a blending effect causing the caster to disappear in plain sight.
"Wow. This is beautiful." Amy disables her moon dust and she lets go of his hand.
"And now you're the first to know a little more about me.. As promised.."

"Wait, the first? If I am not mistaken the whole guild knows more about you than me." Gajeel reacts a little offended, but not for long.
"No, you're wrong.. They only know what they see.." Amy lifts her head and looks him straight in the eyes.
"I never told anyone something, except you. Especially something like this.."

Gajeel is leaning back on his hands.
"Damn.. You really are a mystery then.." Amy nods.
"I'm sorry, I just don't like opening up to others.. They might misunderstand.."
"Don't apologize for that, silly girl. It's okay, I can get used to it."
"Maybe you shouldn't.."
Amy wrapped her arms around herself.
"I'm still not who you think I am.." Gajeel is sort of shocked by her response.
"Maybe this was all a mistake.." Amy begins to cry.
Amy tries to stand up, but she isn't fast enough. Gajeel already has a hold of her.
"Don't go.."
"Let me go Gajeel, this is wrong!" Amy struggles to get out of his grip, which isn't even that tight..
"What's wrong?"
"I can't tell you!" Amy shouts from the top of her lungs..

Only seconds later she collapses to the ground. Gajeel is letting go of her arm. He sighs out loud, he has no idea what to do and how to help her..
"Fine then.." He suddenly says.
"Whenever you're ready, you know where to find me.." He speaks. He slipped his hands into the pockets of his trousers.
"I-I.. I'm so.. s-sorry G-Gajeel.." Amy sobs quietly.
"You're not going home though.." His response shocks Amy.
"W-what?!"
"You shouldn't be alone tonight. I'll walk you home tomorrow."

Amy gave in to Gajeel's decision without a fight. He isn't saying anything anymore..
'Fuck.. What did I do..? Why did I yell at him..?'
They arrived back at his house and Lily is not surprised that they came back, but he does notice a huge, almost negative difference in the energy between them.
Gajeel walks in and out of his bedroom, without a word presenting his shirt and earmuffs to Amy. Amy's heart is breaking into many little pieces.
'I never meant to hurt you Gajeel..'
She accepts the items and Gajeel gestures to his bedroom, sacrificing his own comfort for hers.
Amy slowly walks in with her head hanging low as tears quietly roll down her cheeks. Gajeel refuses to say a word to Lily either, who is conflicted by the turn of events.

Gajeel feels conflicted as well.
'I thought she was beginning to feel more comfortable with me..'
He hears her sob distantly. It breaks him up not to comfort her, even causing some heart ache.
'Why don't you trust me..?'

Amy placed herself on the edge of the bed, holding his shirt tightly.
'This is exactly why I don' t open up.. This is why I am always gone..'
She carefully sniffs his shirt and she finds his scent. Her sadness covers the sounds of bad weather beginning.
"I'm so sorry.." She speaks with barely any sound, almost silently.

'I will remember last night though.. Forever..'