Vol 3. Promises. #4

"I used to lose every time I played hide and seek, like you used to win every time.. Now the tables have turned, I guess." Gajeel speaks. They sat down on the edge of the forest from where they can see the dorm, but also Lake Scilioria in the distance. Amy is still feeling very anxious and barely said anything since they walked out of the forest.

"Listen.." Gajeel speaks as he turns to Amy. "I just wanted to know how you were after the whole incident at Phoenix Mountain." But his words can't seem to comfort her.
"What can I say, what can I do to make it up to you?" He asked sincerely. Amy is thinking it over.
'What can you do..?' She thinks instead of naming something he might be able to do.
"Let me walk you home.. It's the least I can do right now!" Gajeel suggested.
'That might actually be a good idea.. I don' t feel so good right now..'
"Okay.." Amy answered.
"Help me up, please." She asks while reaching out for his hand. Gajeel takes her hand and pulls her up from the ground. He notices that she refuses to look at him. Disappointed in himself he opens his hand but she isn't letting go.
"Don't let go.." Amy said quietly.

A little while after, they arrived at the door of the dorm. But the unthinkable has happened.
"I..-I.." Amy stuttered.
"What?" Gajeel asks curiously.
"I.. do not have my keys.." Amy's facial expression has never been this scared. She looks at the door as if it had told her the most horrific story. Gajeel freezes for a second.
'She is so adorable! Even with that expression!'
"I.. -I can't get in.." She adds.
"Let's try the back door.." Gajeel suggests. But it's not Amy's lucky day..
"We can try the guild, I'm sure there is someone who can help you."

They are nearly at the guild's doorstep. Amy seems lost in her thoughts. She hasn't spoken since they left the dorm. It's not a long walk but for Gajeel, this walk can last an eternity. As they arrive Gajeel pulls at the door, but it's locked.
"Eeh, I thought someone whould still be here at this hour.. Usually Makarov or Mira or even Cana since she's such a drunk.." He crosses his arms, thinking what they could do now. He doesn't want to force anything onto Amy.
"Gajeel?"
"Hm?" Gajeel looks at Amy, she's looking at the ground.
"It seems like I'm out of options.. Where should I go.. I don't want to stay out in the dark, not like this.." She's shaking, it looks like she's cold.
"Well, there is one more option.." Gajeel turns his head away from her, as his face is turning red.
"You could uhm.. Stay the night at my place.. If you want.." From the corner of his eye he noticed her blushing. Soon after that she looks at him, he looks back at her.
She answers: "That would be great."

He makes his bed ready for Amy. He even give her a shirt to sleep in, it would be a shame if she had to sleep in her clothes.. Or the opposite, with no clothes at all.. After all, it's an old shirt perfect as emergency pyjamas.
"Oi, Amy! Are you ready? You can take my bed, I'll sleep on the couch." He isn't getting an answer but he does hear the bedroom door crack.
"Amy, what's going.. on.." He has turned around, facing the door where Amy is standing in his shirt. His shirt is like a dress on her. She even brushed her hair. Gajeel is almost drooling over the fact of how adorable Amy's looking.
"Will you be fine Gajeel? I can sleep on the couch too you know.." She asks, playing with her hair and looking away with a blush.
"No way, you're a lady, I should give you my bed for the night! You idiot." Those last words were said whispering. He does not want to upset her even more after today.

"Goodnight Gajeel." She says as she curled up under the covers.
"Goodnight.." He replies as he closes the bedroom door.