Vol 3. Promises. #2

Later that day Gajeel arrived back to the guild. Not too happy about the job he did. He's covered in bruises and limps towards the bar.
"Huh, you need my help again?!" Wendy shouts. "How did you end up so beaten?"
"Hmpf, I wasn't beaten!" Wendy is confused, if he wasn't beaten, what did happen to him? Gajeel mumbles something, getting a slight blush on his face.
"Sorry? I didn't catch that.."
"I TRIPPED OKAY? FELL DOWN A CLIFF AFTER THAT!" His face turns fully red now, like a tomato as he shouts what happened. He is clearly embarrassed of tripping.

While Wendy is treating Gajeel's minor injuries, Amy returned to Magnolia as well. She just arrived at the dorm to be more precise. It's getting a little chilly outside so she wanted to change clothes before heading to the guild. Whilst changing, her mind wandered off. Standing in nothing but her underwear, she just now noticed that she really is skinny.. Amy reacts shocked to her own reflection.
"I need a fucking break.." Is all she said to herself before getting dressed.

With a twist in her stomach she opens the front door of the guild. You can sense the joy from outside, but Amy isn't really in the mood for so much excitement. She decided to head straight upstairs to get her mind of things. But she noticed someone looking at her. She turns her head and sees Gajeel sitting at the bar. She smiles but looks down. Her cheeks are turning a little red and she starts marching towards the stairs, leading to the second floor.
"That should do it." Wendy lets go of Gajeels arm and smiles at him.
"Oh, thank you."
"You should be more careful Gajeel-san. I can't be here every time someone gets hurt."
"Yeah yeah, I can't help it." His frown turns into a smile and he pats Wendy on her head, thanking her again before walking upstairs as well.

He looks for Amy, but she seems to have disappeared.. Literally! But little does he know that Amy's moon dust is also good for something other than attacking enemies. Amy is sitting on her usual spot near the window. Her heart is pounding rapidly in her chest.
'Please.. Just leave me for a bit..' She thinks. 'Let me be..'

"What's wrong Gajeel? Are you looking for someone?" Mirajane asks when she gets upstairs. Gajeel is hesitating whether or not he should say anything.
"Nah, I just wanted to ask the purple haired brat how she's doing after what happened at Phoenix Mountain.. But I guess she ran off again." He speaks carelessly, pulling up his shoulders. It's not his intention to insult her, but his words do hurt her.
While she can still control her moon dust, she quietly stars walking towards the stairs, walks down and heads back home.
"You're an idiot, Gajeel.."

As soon as Amy walked out of the building, Mirajane hits Gajeel in his face, with force, for insulting Amy..
"You're an idiot, Gajeel!" He's down on the floor, pouting.
"What was that for?! What did I do?! She's not even here!"
"She was, you dumb-ass!" Gajeel freezes with shame.
'S-She was?!'
"Do you even know Amy? Have you never heard how she beat every other child with hide and seek when she was younger?"
"Stupid Mirajane, what does that have to do with anything?!" Gajeel shouts back at Mirajane.
"She can turn herself invisible! How of all dragon slayers have you not noticed her scent up here just now? Even I noticed her and my sense of smell isn't at all that strong!"
Gajeel is speechless. Did he really not notice Amy's scent here? Is he that into her that he can't even rely on his abilities like normally? He struggles to say something, regretting everything he did say and how he acted towards Mirajane. In the corner of his eye he can see how Mirajane is moving her arm. He prepares himself to get hit again.
"Apologize to her, right now!" She points to the stairs.
"Find her and tell her you're sorry!"