An old railroad

It has been two weeks since Hela and Kate have visited the old creek so they both decided to go again to see the bridge. It took a lot out of Kate to finally convince Hela to come along. They chose to go early in the morning before their parents woke up.

"Hela, wake up! Get up, you lazy ass!" Kate hissed quietly, trying not to wake their mother and father.
"Leave me alone." Hela lazily moaned as she turned in bed. Kate was going to take none of it so without a second thought, she shoved Hela off the bed with a slam on the floor! Immediately, Kate regretted it and ran to the door to look out into the hall. Luckily, their parents didn't stir.

In a few minutes, both girls were ready and prepared to go out. They had on their matching tan hiking boots and both had matching camouflage backpacks on their shoulders. Hela wore a deep, forest green t-shirt and knee high rolled-up-jeans while Kate had a black tank with a thin scarlet jacket to cover her exposed arms and she had on black shorts that went about and inch above the knee. Their backpacks were filled with sandwiches, snack packs, Caprisuns, extra clothes, and a few comic books. Before they ran silently out the door, Hela quickly wrote a note and left it on the refrigerator.

"Don't worry Mom and Dad, we went into the forest to explore. May be gone for lunch. We stole Dad's cell in case anything happens so we could call you. Love to both of you from both of us! H&K"

Their parents were okay with things like this so they didn't mind their two girls going out to explore, they thought it was a better alternative than sitting inside playing on modern day electronics.

The two sisters sped down the still dark path, the sun was just barely rising and the dim orange rays had just begun to shine through the trees. Hela and Kate ran faster and faster on the path until they heard the flow of the tender stream ahead of them. Slowing down, the two girls caught their breaths as the got out of the woods and stood near the creek.

"You know, Kate, I am still against this whole thing." Hela opposed.
"Then why are you still here?"
"Cuz I don't want to to get yourself killed." she joked.

Carefully, Hela crawled over the wired fence and hopped over the top and waited for Kate to get over. When they were both on one side, they turned to the bridge and swiftly walked down stream. As they went, the current quickly turned into a loud, rushing river that covered the sound of the crunching autumn leaves under their combat boots.

The sisters finally reached the tall wooden structure and looked up at it's great height.
"Wanna go first?" Kate asked. Hela scoffed at her wimping out.
"Already? You dragged me all the way out here so I could go first? Fine." and with that, Hela hoisted her self up ward, grabbing hold of rotting wood plank after rotting wood plank. Kate was not far behind.

They finally reached the top and ran to the center of the wide bridge.
"It's an old railroad." breathed Kate as she inspected the worn out tracks. Hela and Kate sat down and admired the beauty of the sun rising over the treetops. The sun felt warm on their faces as they watched the pink clouds dance across the sky, creating different shapes and patters. It was the most gorgeous thing the girls have ever experienced.

But they were soon cut short.

"Enjoying yourselves?" came and eerie and chilling voice behind them. The voice was not like any the sisters have ever heard before, it didn't sound at all human! It was harsh and grim with a rough, jagged edge to it. It had an accent like that the two have never heard before. It made them feel isolated, alone and separated and struck fear into their small hearts. Hela and Kate instantly felt a callous presence and turned to see who the voice belonged too...

...then they gave out a chilling scream when they saw the horrid creature!