Her Dad

Hela froze. She always imagined her reunion with her parents, she imagined having so many questions, being happy and overwhelmed and excited all at the same time!

But the young teen felt nothing and no thoughts desperately flowed across her mind, no heart leaping into her throat or dropping to the pit of her stomach. Just... silence, and that was it.

"Hela?" Chelsie's voice was quiet, calm and understanding. "If anything, I can tell him to come back later..."

Hela hesitated for a moment. "No, now is fine..."

"Why am I afraid?" She thought. "Maybe it's because even though this moment is supposed to be heartwarming... it's much more terrifying!"

Hela stopped around the corner to the entrance room as Amanda walked over to the door. She saw him but he didn't see her. He was tall and slim, had long raven black hair, pale skin, ocean colored eyes that seemed to reflect his very soul and at the same time stare straight into yours. The man wore a black trench coat and a yellow and green knitted scarf that lazily draped around his thin neck and steady shoulders, the stranger claiming to be Hela's father was handsome and frightening all at once.

"Is she coming?" He asked Chelsie. From the moment he spoke, Hela's first thought was "Cool! My dad's a brit!"

Chelsie looked back at Hela and replied, "She is a little shy right now." "Fine, but have her out quickly, I'm here to take my daughter home." "I'm sure you are, but-" "There will be no 'howevers' I simply want my daughter returned." "Excuse me?! I am the legal guardian of her now. The paper work came through, I am her Foster Mother. Technically, you can't just drop by and take her with you." "Why not, I'm her Father, I do what I wish." "First of all, I don't even know if you are her real dad! Second, I'm not just going to give her up! She is family to me and I love her like family, so suck it! Come back later!" She shouted as she slammed the door in his face.

Hela has never seen Chelsie get so angry so fast... It was really cool!