On the run

Hela awoke with a start, gasping for air with raspy breaths. She looked around, trying to remember what happened. In moments, it all came back to her; the pain, the death... Nagothir.

After she saw her dead parents, Nagothir entered the house. The Faerie-Elf slowly approached her and cornered her into the bedroom. He described to her how he slowly killed her parents and how he watched them die. She cried out in fear but he simply laughed at her. That is when she ran to her father's side, her face soaked in tears, and she painfully pried the gun out of his hands and pointed it at the Elf. She was absolutly terrified but firmly held the gun in her shaking hands. 

"What do you think a puny weapon will do to me?" he growled as he stood at the door, blocking her way out. Then a low chuckle started to rumble in his throat and grew into a horrid laugh as it passed his lips.

That is when she tightly shut her eys and pulled the trigger. She shrieked at the loud noise that emmited from the weapon and the reciol hurt her already pained arms. She opened her eyes when she heard a heavy thud.

Nagothir was lying on his back on the ground. Then Hela stood closer, shaking and whimpering from fright, and saw he was roughly gasping for air, still alive. The bullet had gone through his open mouth and out the back of his white head. She dropped the bloody gun and ran for the door but as she weakly hopped over the dying Elf, his arm shot out and grabbed her ankle.

She started screaming but it was useless, she lived in the forest and the closest neighbor was a mile away.

Then something started happening. Hela didn't know what she did but the light in his white eyes started to dim out, his gasping became more heavier and more often. Suddenly, a green ghost-like creature started to rise from the body of the Elf and then diappeared. Nagothir was dead, his hand still grasped around Hela's leg. She painfully pried his white fingers open and ran for the door.

Whatever had just happened, Hela knew she could not go to any family-friends, no neighbors or any body else for that matter. She had to leave, right away. She escaped and weakly jogged through the forest with all she had with her. Hela couldn't remember how long it was but eventually, she collapsed on the forest floor, gasping for air, pain in her chest and sides.

After a few minutes, Hela slowly lifted herself up and dried her on going tears. She didn't know how long she had been out here but it must've been a few hours now. Pulling the extra clothes out of her backpack, Hela quickly changed and then went on her way. She followed the railroad through the woods, not knowing where it all could possibly lead her but she kept going without looking back.