Chelsie meets Ylva

Chelsie woke up to the pain cutting through her head. It felt as if someone was trying to hack it open with a dull ax. She opened her eyes and at first, everything was pitch black but after a few seconds, the woman's eyesight returned, though out of focus. She heard the door open so she turned her head to see who had come in but cried out when a piercing pain shot through her upper spine. 

"Oh! Careful, M' lady. Your neck is sprained still." Spoke a young female voice. Chelsie's sight had come back into focus and saw the girl who stood in front of her. She looked hardly younger than Hela but she had very short brunette hair and wore different shades of brown. Brown shoes, tan pants and some kind of odd shirt. She was a servant girl.

"My name is Ylva and Lady Dagmar had sent me here to fulfill any wishes M' lady desires." Ylva spoke with a British accent, just like Loki.

"Thanks... Eel-vah... But, umm, what happened?"
"M' lady does not recall? I do suppose you sustained a terrible injury to your head; you have been resting for nearly three nights. Well, I assume M' lady does not remember the awful King's Guard leading you down the wrong corridor and attacking you. M'lady fought bravely and refused help when given. Instead, you walked yourself back to this very chamber and demanded that the guard be given harsh punishments. You called out to every guard who would hear and as I heard, even the All-Father himself! You faded in and out of consciousness during the affair until finally, your body gave in and allowed you to rest. It is said that only moments after your consciousness was lost for the last time had the All Father come and assured you were on the mend. The warrior's trial was held just this morning, M' lady, under the command of the King. The wretch is to stay imprisoned for the next twenty winters to come. Causing intentional harm to a guest in Asgard is an awful offense to the entire Kingdom, especially when the guest has no reason to be harmed and is so welcomed by the King himself."

Chelsie felt odd; she had forgotten that most of the people in Asgard didn't know that Loki was on the throne, not Odin.
"Eel-vah, how long will you be staying here?" She asked out of curiosity.
"I will not be going anywhere if it is not what M' lady desires. Lady Dagmar sent me to you as a gift. I am your handmaiden and you are M' lady. I will serve you to the moment of my last breath." She said with a smile. Chelsie had never had her own servant, she felt guilty but did not want to send her away, Chelsie realized with the trauma to her head, she needs someone to make sure she is on the mend. 

"I want to see my daughter, how can I do that." 

"Your wish is my command!" and with that, Ylva had gone to fetch the young Asgardian Princess.

***

Chelsie didn't take long to recover; with the help of Mars, Ylva and Hela, it took approximatly a week after the attack before the young woman was able to get out of bed without getting a migraine. The servant girl Ylva was kind, she spoke softly but often when she was helping Chelsie. She usually talked about the horses in the stable or the Royals who sat on the throne from the years before. Sometimes she would talk about her adventures into the forests of Asgard, apparently Mars was not the only one who liked to get away into nature. She also talked about the library a lot. She described it as 'a grand gateway into all the different worlds of the galaxy.' There was also a boy she spoke of from time to time, a stable boy, but it seemed she only thought of him as a fond friend. They spent their time pretending to be in a battle and hitting each other with sticks as if they were swords.

Hela also came and visited Lady Chelsie often, but she spent most of her time with Loki. Chelsie could understand why, he was her father after all. But the Midgardian hadn't seen Loki since their meal together, she felt it shouldn't bother her but for some reason, it does. She chalked it up to simply being protective of Hela. So far, the young girl was healthy and happy so no suspicions of concern needed to be planted in Chelsie's heart, but she felt off-put anyway. She missed Hela dearly when she was away, always worrying and thinking of her as a mother should.

Seven days past, now Chelsie was preparing herself to go eat breakfast. Of course, Ylva was to help her prepare. She was brushing the knots out of Chelsie's hair as she sat in silence, telling the midgardian of a book she read a few nights ago but the Lady was only half listening.
"Eel-vah..." Chelsie had cut her short, stopping her as she was telling her about some great battle held on some planet she's never heard of.
"Yes, M' lady?"
"What do you know of the king?" Chelsie asked after hesitating. Ylva seemed as if she didn't know what to say.
"Not much, M' lady. Only of what I was taught in books before bed and tales told of war among friends. That is all I know. I have never met him in person. But I was told by Lady Dagmar herself that I am to accompany you to the training hall where the All-Father will be waiting. We still have quite some time, we leave just after noon yet it is still morning. Be patient, I dearly wish to see him as well." She said with a smile.