Loki Continues His Search

It has been 18 days since his first arrival on Midgard, it seemed that Loki could not find any evidence of Hela.

He stood at the center of a path, seemingly abandoned. Around him lay a proud forest bustling with large and small beasts alike; birds flew above his head and sing their songs as the creatures on the ground search for food and shelter to survive. Everything was alive and green as Loki continued on the road that he walked. The cool breeze gently licked at his pale cheeks and graciously brushed through his raven black hair. The god stole a deep inhale through his nostrils; closing his eyes and smiled at the aroma of the nature, its essence scented of a powerful freshness and clearness as it passed through his nose. As much as Loki did not like Midgard, it had comforting potential in its nature that was left untouched by mankind.

The god opened his eyes again, noticing something he had not seen before. Far off in the distance, Loki saw a structure of shelter. It was a small cottage. Loki swiftly approached the building, careful and alert. He saw something strange; the door to this house was damaged and nearly fully demolished. As he came closer, Loki noticed a smell. It grew stronger as he neared; it was an extremely unpleasant smell, it made the god's stomach churn and gave him a nauseating sensation. It did not stop him, he quickly entered the House.

Loki began to heedfully tour the House, he noticed there were frames of pictures hung along the walls of this building, and he recognized the people in them. The two adults Loki once knew, long ago before they suddenly disappeared for urgent matters. It seems that the urgent matter was to care for his daughter. Loki knew this was the location of where his kin was held, she must be one of the two young girls in the photos. After a brief examination, it did not take long to assess which it was. Hela, so grown and now she had so many features of her mother, an exact copy of her mother's younger self.

There was no time for heartfelt moments, the stench was unbearable and Loki had to know what happened here exactly.

The god walked into a hall on the far side of the building and witnessed what was causing such a nauseating smell. It horrified him; he could not imagine what may have happened to Hela for there still was no trace of her that he could find.