Freak

Something awoke inside of Hela; she was no longer scared or shaking uncontrollably and her mind was clear as day. Hela knew what she was doing and she had to do it. She had to do it for Josh and Amanda and Allen and Sammie. The young girl had no idea where this new found courage came from; her whole life she had been cautious and aware, careful of the things around her but now... Now she felt fearless and almost heroic. Almost.

"Give me all your money." Hela calmly demanded. Without a second thought, the young woman immediately opened the cash register and began pulling out singles, fives, tens, twenties and even a few fifties. Her large brown eyes reflected the anxiousness within her as she trembled with fear.

Carefully the woman handed Hela the money but there was something no one in the gang had taken into account, the manager. He was in the bathroom when Hela came in and only came out moments after she pulled the gun. He quietly sunk up behind Hela and jumped at her right before she turned to leave! He was a lot bigger than Hela so it was easy for him to gain the upper hand quickly.

Josh saw what happened and ran in quickly to help the young girl. He swiftly pulled the manager off Hela so now it was Josh and the Manager on the ground, wrestling for the gun which was clutched in between both their hands. The woman behind the counter already called the cops as the entire situation was going down and Allen ran in only moments later.

"Come on, you two!" he called out, trying to avoid names.
"She called the cops! Let's just go!" Then Allen grabbed Hela's arm and pulled her outside but ran back in to help his friend. Sammie and Amanda began to collect the money from Hela and dragged her back to the truck but a few feet onto the through the road, they heard a chilling bang. It was loud and sudden, still ringing in their ears after it was over. Immediately Hela knew what happened.

The young girl tore away from Amanda's grip and ran inside after Josh, the two teenagers were too shocked to go after her for fear of what they might find.

Hela burst through the heavy glass doors, getting prepared for whatever was inside. Then she saw it; the pool of blood, the young manager on the floor coughing up scarlet liquid as the life faded from his hazel eyes and he held his stomach, paralyzed from the sudden pain. Josh was standing over him with the colt in his pale hands with a bony finger in the trigger. An inhuman scream escaped the throat of the woman behind the counter when she finally processed what happened. The sirens in the distance grew louder and louder but Hela couldn't hear them, only the loud beating of her heart and everything blurred into one sound as she focused on the dying man that lay before her.

She couldn't hear Josh or Allen yelling for her to leave, she couldn't hear the woman's screams and she couldn't hear the wailing sirens. Hela didn't know why but she suddenly found herself walking up the the dying man and kneeling down next to him. He was violently shaking and the red pool underneath him grew larger and larger. Hela reached out her hand and simply touched the cavity of his chest. Immediately, it all came back to her. The blood and death of her parents, her sister and even Nagothir. The feeling came back too, the same empty feeling she got when the Faerie-Elf came into contact with her before he died. She felt like she was floating in a frightening abyss of nothingness, her breathing was shallow and no matter how much she gasped for air, no oxygen filled her lungs.

But it left as soon as it came, then everyone there witnessed what happened next. A green spirit figure surrounded the dead body and another rose from it. It didn't rise far, just like the greenness with the Elf. Then everything settled and Hela realized she was pressing her hand to a dead man's chest.

"Carl!" Hela heard a deafening scream, then the wails and cries and loudness filled her ears and she was shoved back to reality. The woman ran up to the manager and sat next to him, eyes filled with tears and her throat fought back sobs. Slowly, she rose her head to look at Hela who was standing a few feet away.

"What kind of Freak are you?!" she cried, panicking and terrified of what she had just witnessed.

Hela's vision blurred and before she knew it, Allen and Josh had shoved her back into the truck and they were speeding away from the crime scene.