𓅈ch. 37

"Just please be careful, Sirius. He worries about you a lot since that night through the fireplace." Y/n said as she dragged her trunk down the stairs, Sirius by her side.

"I know dear. But the same goes for you. Here, let me." Sirius lifted her trunk with ease and continued down the stairs. "Has Remus given you your gift yet?" Sirius asked.

Y/n nodded. "Gave it to me last night. Said he was waiting for you but just decided to give it to me."

Sirius chuckled. "I was waiting for him to give it to you. That man. He may be smart but sometimes is horrible at communicating."

They reached the bottom of the stairs, hearing the Weasleys in the kitchen. Sirius reached into his pocket and pulled out a small folded paper, handing it to her.

Y/n gently took it and unfolded it, seeing it is another moving photo, but this one was different. "Is that-"

"It indeed is," Sirius cut her off, pointing at the picture. "This is one of my favorite pictures and I thought that you should have it."

Y/n gently folded the picture and handed it to Sirius. "I can't take this, Sirius."

"No no no. Y/n, I insist. I have many other pictures and many more memories. I want you to take this, dear." Sirius grabbed the picture and placed it in Y/n's pocket.

Y/n went in for a hug, which caught Sirius by surprise. He slowly wrapped his arms around Y/n, wishing that she and Harry did not have to leave him.

"Thank you, Sirius. For everything." Y/n mumbled against his chest.

Sirius smiled. "You're welcome."

Remus walked out of the kitchen first, smiling at the sight of Sirius and Y/n. He clapped his hands together to gain their attention. "Alright. We should get going. Come on kids!"

Y/n and Sirius released from the hug as Y/n went to say goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley as Sirius went to say goodbye to Harry.

Y/n walked towards Remus to see him holding her trunk. "Do you have everything?" Remus asked.

"Yup. All ready to go back to Hogwarts." Y/n said unenthusiastically, remembering that she has to write lines for the she-devil herself.

She didn't dare tell Remus or Sirius that the Malfoys know about her or the scar on her hand. They had enough to worry about. She walked with Remus on the Knight Bus, hoping that she doesn't regret her decision.

➳➳

"Once a week? Pansy only got two days' worth! Why do I need it once a week for an entire month?" Y/n burst out, accidentally knocking a chair over from her outburst.

Umbridge sat there with a 'calm' smile on her face. "I am trying to make you a better person, Miss Lebelle. I-"

"By tormenting me? How is tormenting me making me a better person?" Y/n cut her off, trying not to attack her at this very moment.

Umbridge chuckled. "Tormenting you? The sole purpose of this is to help you go in the right direction." She stood up and walked towards Y/n, grabbing her wrist that had the faded words 'I must keep my comments to myself.' "Do you see how much trouble you are getting into with who you associate with now?"

Y/n withdrew her wrist from Umbridge's grasp. "My behavior has nothing to do with who I am associated with. It has everything to do with those who aggravate me, such as Pansy Parkinson or any other Slytherin."

Umbridge cleared her throat before walking back to her desk. "You don't understand. I am trying to help you, dear. Soon enough, you will see. You are dismissed. I will be expecting you on the first day of February."