♕ch.42

➳➳King's Cross➳➳

"Okay, my dear. You have everything you need, correct? You have the potion for your nightmares?" Remus asked, lifting up Y/n's backpack to make sure she didn't forget anything.

Y/n brought her hand up and gently grabbed her backpack. "Yes, I have the potion and I know to take some every night before bed. This isn't my first year, Uncle Remus. I know the drill."

Remus nodded. "Things are different. You know that."

"Things are always different. I've learned to never expect things to be normal." Y/n chuckled, remembering those times she wished for the year to be normal. "But, I am still able to manage. I'll be able to write to you this year." She reassured him.

"At least I won't be worried about any boys, seeing the boy you like will be here." Remus jokes. "Speaking of him, he asked me to give you this. Don't worry, I already read it." 

Remus pulled out a piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to Y/n, which she gladly took. She placed it into her pocket as the train whistle went off, letting every student know it is time to board the train.

"Be safe, my dear." Remus said as he pulled Y/n into a tight hug. Y/n leaned into his hug, worried about being away from him for a while.

"Same goes for you, Uncle Remus. And be good to Fred." Y/n jokes, boarding the train and closing the door behind her, seeing Remus give her one last wave before the train starts moving.

Y/n sighed and walked down the corridor, seeing Ginny walk away from Harry. Y/n took this opportunity to walk up to him, since Hermione and Ron would probably be in the prefects' carriage.

"You don't mind finding a compartment with me, do you?" Y/n asked, making Harry turn around.

Harry's frown turned into a smile after seeing Y/n when he turned around. "I wondered where you were. I don't mind at all."

Harry led the way, pushing past some of the girls gawking at him and some guys gawking at Y/n. "Never had this many people stare at me." Y/n whispered to Harry as they made it past the group.

"You get used to it." Harry shrugged.

"Hi Harry! Hi Y/n!" The two turned around to see Neville struggling to get to them, Luna following closely behind.

"Hello Neville, Luna." Y/n greeted, opening the door to an empty apartment, ushering the other three in, feeling uncomfortable with the eyes staring at them. Y/n shut the blinds, not wanting anyone to stare into their compartment.

She placed her bag beside her, hearing Neville talk about how his Gran wasn't mad about the Ministry incident and his new wand.

"Are we still doing D.A meetings this year, Harry?" Luna spoke up.

Harry shook his head in response. "No point now we've got rid of Umbridge, is there?"

Neville looked disappointed at his response. "I liked the D.A! I learned loads with you."

"I enjoyed the meeting too. It was like having friends." Luna silently said, reading The Quibbler.

Y/n frowned at Luna's response. "Luna, you are-" She was soon cut off when she saw the door to their compartment open, revealing a group of girls giggling to themselves. Finally, one of them pushed her way through the doorway before speaking up.

"Hi, Harry, I'm Romilda, Romilda Vane. Why don't you join us in our compartment? You don't have to sit with them." She looked over at Neville and Luna, sending Y/n a small smile.