≋ch. 20

"Oh thank goodness, thank goodness!"

The group rounded to corner to see Mrs. Weasley coming out of the Burrow, worried expression covering her face as she ran towards the group, a rolled up Daily Prophet in her hand.

"Arthur, I've been so worried, so worried." She wrapped her arms around Mr. Weasley, dropping the Daily Prophet that read: SCENES OF TERROR AT THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP, followed by a picture of the Dark Mark floating around in the sky.

Y/n looked away from the paper, not wanting to be reminded of that night. Her attention moves to Mrs. Weasley pulling Fred and George into a hug, so fast that they bumped heads.

"Ouch! Mum, you're strangling us"

"I shouted at you before you left! It's all I've been thinking about! What if You-Know-Who had got you, and the last thing I ever said to you was that you didn't get enough O.W.L.s? Oh Fred, George."

Mr. Weasley cleared his throat, gaining the attention of Mrs. Weasley, "Come on, now, Molly, we're all perfectly okay," Mr. Weasley pried her off the twins and led her back to the Burrow.

"Bill," Mr. Weasley called out, "pick up that paper, I want to see what it says." He turned back around and whispered to Mrs. Weasley, everyone following behind the two.

"Y/n was separated that night, dear."

"Y/n?" Mrs. Weasley went to turn around to comfort the girl but Mr. Weasley had stopped her.

"Best not mention too much of it, dear. It seems to me like she is traumatized. Charles Butler had his wand up to her neck. Ah yes Hermione, that would be perfect thank you." Mr. Weasley to acknowledge Hermione offering to make a strong cup of tea.

Bill handed Mr. Weasley the Daily Prophet and he scanned it, with Percy looking over his shoulder.

"Y/n, would you like to go to the orchard with me?" Y/n looked over to see Ginny was the one who had asked her.

Y/n smiled. "Of course, let's go put our things down in your room?" Y/n suggested and Ginny nodded.

The two made their way past the group and up the stairs as Percy was complaining about Rita Skeeter having it out for the Ministry.

They quickly put their things down in Ginny's room. heading back downstairs, passing by Mr. Weasley who was mumbling to himself.

Y/n and Ginny made their way to the orchard, seeing, what she assumes, the boys broomsticks, getting ready to play quidditch.

➳➳king's cross➳➳

"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think." Charlie announced as they were exchanging goodbyes to one another.

"Why?"

"You'll see. Just don't tell Percy I mentioned it, it's 'classified information', until such time as the Ministry sees fit to release it after all."

Y/n turned to give Mrs. Weasley a hug. "Thank you for taking us in, Mrs. Weasley."

"It was a pleasure, dear. And," Mrs. Weasley whispered this part. "if you need anyone to talk to, don't be afraid to owl me. Arthur informed me."

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley. I don't think my uncle would enjoy hearing what happened." Mrs. Weasley gave her one more hug before she turned to enter the train.

Hermione closed the door and opened the window after Y/n entered. She and Harry said their goodbyes, thanking Mrs. Weasley as well.

"Mum! What d'you three know that we don't?" Ron whined as Bill, Charlie and Mrs. Weasley kept hinting at something.