𓅈ch. 31

"This just gets better and better. This is definitely turning into one of my favorite activities." Y/n sarcastically said as she and Harry walked out of Umbridge's office for the third time this week. Y/n observed her hand, seeing as the words dripping with blood.

They walked towards the Gryffindor Tower, seeing that the corridors were empty. They continued to complain about Umbridge as they walked up the stairs.

"I can't believe she won't allow me to go to Quidditch tryouts tomorrow. Angelina is going to kill me. She's evil I tell you. She is an evil, heartless- Ron?"

Y/n quickly hid her hand and looked up to see Ron hiding behind a statue of Lachlan the Lanky while holding his broomstick.

"What are you doing here?" Y/n asked.

"Oh um nothing. What are you two doing here?"

"Back from detention. Come on, you can tell us anything. What are you hiding here for?" Harry explained.

Ron looked between Harry and Y/n before finally giving in. "I'm hiding from Fred and George, if you must know. They just went past with a bunch of first years, I bet they're testing stuff on them again."

"Hiding from them? They are not messing with you again, are they?" Asked Y/n.

"No. It's not that. I- I mean that is not the whole story." Ron stuttered.

"What have you got your broom for, you haven't been flying, have you?" Harry asked.

Ron looked down at his hands before looking back at Harry and Y/n. "Oh. My broom. You see- well- I- well okay, I will tell you guys but please don't laugh at me. All right?" Ron looked at the two, seeing them nod their heads at him.

"I thought I'd try out for Gryffindor Keeper now I've got a decent broom. There. Go on. Laugh."

"Ron that's amazing!" Y/n pulled Ron into a hug, feeling excited for him.

"Yeah and no one is laughing mate." Harry said. "I think it's a brilliant idea! It'd be really cool if you got on the team! I've never seen you play Keeper, are you good?"

Ron smiled at the two, feeling relieved that they didn't make fun of him. "I'm not bad. Charlie, Fred and George always made me Keep for them when they were training during the holidays."

"So you've been practicing tonight?"

"Every evening since Tuesday, just on my own though. I've been trying to bewitch Quaffles to fly at me, but it hasn't been easy and I don't know how much use it'll be. Fred and George are going to laugh themselves stupid when I turn up for the tryouts. They haven't stopped taking the mickey out of me since I got made a prefect."

"Hey, that's only because Percy was a prefect and you know the relationship between him and the twins. Percy made being a prefect a bad thing. Besides, it's quidditch, something they enjoy."

"Y/n's right. I wish we were going to be there to watch you." Harry said sadly as they walked to the common room together.

"Yeah, it would've been nice- what is on the back of your hand Harry?"

Y/n's eyes widened as she looked over to see Harry trying to hide his hand. "It's just a cut- it's nothing really-"

Ron didn't buy it and leaned his broom on the wall. He quickly grabbed Harry's forearm, bringing Harry's hand to his eye level.

Y/n quickly tried to hide her hand as Ron looked over at her. He reached over and grabbed her forearm, seeing the words written on the back of her hand. Ron looked between Harry and Y/n's hands before releasing them.